View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 01:31 PM
secretk
Master Fan

Yeah, Everwood has a lot of cool quotes .

Here is one from the finale:

Quote:
ROSE: Amy. You haven’t moved for over two hours. Are you sick, sweetheart?
AMY: No, I’m stupid. [Pause.] I had the thing, mom. I had the thing that everybody wants and I threw it away. And now Ephram has become Stephram, and you can’t just go up to Stephram and be like, ‘Hi, I’m in love with you again!’ Especially since she’s buying him jackets. (beat) She’s working from the inside. She has home-court advantage. I thought that I could just work the old-school angle, but now I’m realizing that I have no angle. All I have is how I feel and I can’t even describe how I feel because it’s just so–
ROSE: Much.
AMY: Yes, exactly.
ROSE: You love Ephram…?
AMY: Mom, yes, keep up.
ROSE: Well, why aren’t your feelings enough, sweetheart? Considering the history you two have, it would amount to more than a jacket. And if you could express them to Ephram in a slightly less anxiety-provoking way than you just expressed them to me–
AMY: It won’t be enough. Saying the words… doesn’t even come close to how I feel about him. And besides that, this is Ephram, Grand-Gesture Ephram. He had his dad perform surgery on my boyfriend, while he was in love with me. He wrote my Princeton essay for me. Our first time together–
ROSE: I get it. Say no more.
AMY: I just need to find a way to show him how much I love him. That I remember everything and that I’m not going to forget.
ROSE: (smiles) Then you will. [kisses AMY on the forehead.] You will.
I loved how she named them 'Stephram' . Not to mention that whole episode Amy was hilarious.

Quote:
[Cut to the BROWN house. EPHRAM’S studio. He’s practicing. There’s a knock at the door.]
EPHRAM: Yeah, come in.
[AMY comes in elated.]
AMY: 1400, baby!
EPHRAM: Congratulations.
AMY: Thank you. [EPHRAM gives her a hug.] No more freaking out. No more paranoia. No more chasing the mailman down the street.
[AMY plops down on the couch. EPHRAM looks at AMY’S report. AMY realizes that she’s sitting on something and pulls out a pair of girl’s panties from under her. Realizing what they are she turns to EPHRAM stunned. EPHRAM sees the panties and takes a breath.]
EPHRAM: Whose are those?
AMY: Uh, yeah, exactly.
EPHRAM: Well, they’re, obviously, they’re not mine.
AMY: WELL, THEY’RE OBVIOUSLY NOT MINE!! [AMY jumps up and EPHRAM walks around slowly to sit on the couch.] DON’T LOOK AT THEM!!
EPHRAM: I’m sorry, everything’s just a little blurry right now.
AMY: Okay, you know what, I’m gonna take a second and wait for you to provide some type a explanation as to why this HOOKER THONG is in your couch cushion. You have ten seconds!
[EPHRAM sits silently racking his brain.]
EPHRAM: Bright. I gave Bright a key.
AMY: [looks at the panties and then throws them aside.] Eww.
EPHRAM: And for the record, that’s a long time to hold any stranger’s thong.
The whole tong situation was too funny .