View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 01:48 PM
Lor-baby
Total Fan

Hell to the YES to all this Barney/Robin dislike.
I was never a fan of the idea. I never wanted nor needed to see the two of them together romantically. I've always LOVED them as "bros" but that was it for me. I never thought they could work in any other capacity.
Then the writers actually started to go there and - while still against it - I thought I could grow to accept them because the writing - up until that point - had been so very good. But boy I was wrong. The only decent thing was the build-up to Barney falling in love for the first time. Everything after that was a total and complete disaster. They never showed us Robin's feelings for him. They gave us no build-up whatsoever and all of a sudden, out of the blue, we were supposed to buy that she loved him back.. Uh? And do not get me started about their - thankfully - very brief attempt at a relationship. It was goddamn awful. They tried to morph Robin into a female version of Barney - which she had never ever been - and, as a result, turned her into a caricature of her former self (whom I loved and still miss very, very much). The writers rushed their romantic coupledom, rushed their break-up (which must be one of the most terrible scenes to ever (dis)grace our television) and keep randomly bringing them back with no consistency whatsoever. It's like they switch their feelings on and off whenever they feel like it. And the result is that their "development" ends up feeling more and more inorganic every passing day and their possible happy ending forced and out of character.