View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 02:14 AM
Plucky Sidekick
Loyal Fan

The Castle talk is making me nervous about watching the episode. Don't make me suffer, show.

David/Mary Margaret It's not just the fact that cheating is wrong (and pointless, in this case, because all the characters had to do was be honest from the start and no one would have gotten so hurt), it's the fact that this whole storyline is too soapy and boring. It would fit Gossip Girl, maybe, but OUAT is in all other respects better than that. Two potentially interesting characters are coming off as weak and unlikeable. And I know I maybe am the only one here, but while I generally enjoy their scenes I'm quite indifferent to their fairy tale version (I am a fan of long build-ups) so there's no way I'll root for them because of how they were in the other world... on the contrary, I'll probably end up not caring for their fairy tale version because of how they turned out to be in Storybrooke.

Emma/August I find him too arrogant whenever he interacts with her. Their confrontation could become interesting if he turns out to be a villain, but either way I don't want them to get romantically involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Betty (View Post)

Just rewatched s1 of Game of Thrones:

Jaime/Cersei - even if I could get past them being twins and the fact that they had children together knowing how badly that could go....Jaime is at his worst with Cersei. These two form their own little bubble of paranoia and ickiness, but once you get Jaime out of it he's self-loathing, charming, remorseful, kind, fun, and capable of great acts of nobility. So much better! C/J is interesting in its own twisted way but it also limits both of them.

Dany/Drogo - watching a barely-out-of-her-teens girl get sold by her brother to a slave-owning warlord is never fun but when that girl is taken to the beach on her wedding night, stripped of her clothing, then bent over as she cries so that her new husband can do whatever he wants is easily the most disgusting beginning to any relationship I've watched on tv. That I can remember, anyway; who knows what I've suppressed over the years. What was even more shocking to me was that I was meant to find D/D sweet and root for them! Um, no. I was actually kind of happy for Dany when she smothered him with a pillow. She shouldn't have had to go through that but at least it freed her.

Robb/Any Frey - Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I know how this ends and everything but still, when Catelyn cut that deal I was sputtering on my bb's behalf. Desperate times call for desperate measures, sure, but mixing with the Freys never ends well and they're all creepy!

Dany/Jon - I think they're related That's basically what my objection to any possible romance between them is. I can't judge chemistry or compatibility since they haven't met They would make a beautiful couple, but: probably related

It's amazing how I started liking Jaime in the books as soon as he got away from Cersei. I'm not her biggest fan but I think she's an interesting character in her own way... just not with him. They are toxic for each other.

I have a feeling Jon/Dany will turn out to be related too.

Tumblr

Icon: Saejima