View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 08:36 PM
Jaime Bee
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
TFTNT!

Bringing this over from the previous thread:

OMG, it's perfect Agreed with literally every word here.

I don't get the Elena/Elijah and Klaus/Caroline idea of romance at all, because as much as interesting Elijah and Klaus can be as characters, they are villians and they should stay that way. Elijah rips people's hearts without remorse, Klaus killed Caroline friend's aunt, was willing to let her die if her mom hadn't made a deal with him and the overall idea of her being able to love him is hypocritical taking that she dumped Tyler for being sired to Klaus. These guys could have killed those girls in a blink of an eye. Elijah and Elena made that one deal out of practically selfish reasons on both sides and Elijah broke this deal for same selfish reasons which greatly shows how much he cares about Elena. He was willing to kill all her family had she not freaking STABBED herself for heaven's sake. They are not romance and never should be. I like their scenes and I like some aspects of their relationship, but it is nothing like a basis for romantic relationship, the very thought of it makes me feel uncomfortable.

Damon/Elena could have been amazing had writers actually addressed their issues and worked through them instead of coming up with the most ridiculous SL ever and turning Damon into the new Stefan by making Stefan bad They had all the chances to grow and Elena could have developed feelings for Damon slowly and naturally while he would have been on his way of redemption yet Damon's bad acts were brushed under the rug and Elena was turned into an idiot who settles to whichever brother is available.
Agreed with all this.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon