View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 09:19 AM
brave princess
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutor_Girl (View Post)
I was like seriously? Look who traded his life for yours and is actually clever about things, and do you even thank him? but I realize it will take some time.
THIS. Look, I know Jake has a shady past and sometimes he does some questionable things but he was willing to sacrifice himself to save Cassie. Yes, he was trying to trade John at first, although I figured he thought John could take care of himself against Eben and the witch hunters. But yeah, she couldn't even at least thank him?

I thought the scene in her house in the beginning was funny. The way that Jake was kind of smiling when she pointed the umbrella at him and that little burst of energy that she shot his way felt very much like how they used to kind of tease each other. I'm starting to wonder if she's afraid to be alone with him, not b/c she thinks he's going to hurt her (b/c she points out constantly that she can protect herself ) but b/c of other reasons.

I was glad that John didn't hold a grudge against Jake for wanting to trade him for Cassie. He understood that Jake cares about Cassie and is just trying to protect her. Jake spent enough time iwth the witch hunters to know what they're capable of. And obviously, John knows them well enough to know that as well.

I loved how John and Jake teamed up at the end in order to keep Cassie safe. I'm wondering if they're setting Jake/Cassie/Adam as the current John/Amelia/Ethan. The fact that Faye has/had a thing for Jake like Gale does for John is interesting too.

Sofia, Cassie was glad that he was back in 'Witness' and even in 'Medallion'. It all changed when she let Adam drill into her that Jake is a "bad" guy and she found out that he had killed some witches in the past. She needs to try having an actual conversation instead of avoiding him. I mean, the guy traded his life for hers, does that count for nothing?

I'm in this for the long haul so I'm just going to have to get used to being frustrated just like I have with some of my other ships on Kevin Williamson's shows.
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara

Last edited by brave princess; 02-17-2012 at 09:27 AM