View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 03:34 AM
mary ksand
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shereile (View Post)
Jeremy/Tyler Best chemistry ever, surpassing Klefan. But no, obviously no homoerotic subtext or text allowed. Thank you Julie.

Harry/Luna They fit, they are awesome, they make sense, but he got stuck with Mary Sue. Oh well Rowling and romance shouldn't be in one sentence anyway.
Definitely Tyler/Jeremy could have been one of the best TVD ships. I'm not the biggest fan of Tyler as individual character, but I think he is at his best when he is around Jeremy. His true personality comes out and he is not just being a shirtless and bad boy-ish Caroline's love interest. He is being a rather layered, artistic and complex person, his potential comes out. Him and Jeremy only shared few interactions but each of them was meaningful and did something to either character. It is such a shame that writers will never acknowledge the potential they have and keep writing Tyler as a one dementional lover boy.

Harry/Luna will forever be one of the biggest disappointments of mine. I didn't even expect or want them to be an actual romance, I was perfectly fine with them sharing this deep and unique connection that developed so fast and shined so bright despite the fact that Luna only appeared in the 5th book of the series. Every single scene they shared meant something, brought something to the story, made Harry realize something or feel something. Even when his closest friends couldn't understand him or make him feel better, deal with his pain and sadness, there was Luna and few words from her were enough to maybe not take his pain away, but make him see the way, the light in the end of the tunnel, realize that nothing is over untill it's really over and that there is always hope. I was perfectly fine with them sharing such scenes as her comforting him after Sirius' death or her finding him at his worst and reminding him that they are still fighting and preventing his "suicide" when he decided to not fight again, or recognizing him just by his expression when he didn't even look like himself and had an appearence of a fat red haired "Barney". But instead of leaving their relationship on a beautiful note and hope for the future with the last simple but meangful interaction they shared ("I would like some peace and quite if I were you" - "I'd love some"), we get the ridiculous Epiloge stating that Harry actually made it through 19 years with his high school girlfriend/number one fangirl whom he openly ignored in the last chapter despite the death of her brother and went to his room to have a sandwich. So yeah, JKR is awesome but some of her romances... are not that awesome.

Btw, sorry for this long Harry/Luna post, I become completely pathetic and fangirly when it comes to them

Quote:
Modern TV shows/Life
Definitely. This year I've given up on more tv shows than I did during my whole life. Idk if it's me getting old or television getting extremely bad

icon: swanspirate@tumblr

Last edited by mary ksand; 02-16-2012 at 05:29 AM