View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 06:20 AM
Zefiro
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragedy (View Post)
You're welcome

So does anyone think that Caroline's issues last episode was just b/c she was feeling protective of Matt b/c it was Rebekah or maybe she was jealous in general?

I'd love to think that maybe she was jealous,
I truly believed she was protective of Matt. I think it is quite clear that Matt represents the humanity of them all. And he isn't drown to darkness like Jeremy can be.
Matt chose to be left out of it. I think Caroline really asks herself quite often what she would have chosen if she could have the chance to do it.
Someone could point out that Matt should represent this also to Elena or Bonnie. But it is not like that. Bonnie hasn't changed her human nature and Elena she chose to get involved all the time.And most importantly Matt was Caroline's boyfriend before her death happened and also during the first times of her new life as a vampire.
Of course Matt represents such a strong link to all the humanity she lost without even asking.
I can definitely see her being a lot concerned with Matt much more than Elena who has also been Matt's girlfriend.
I think she'll always have this strong sense of protection towards him.Because of the life she knows they would have shared if Katherine didn't kill her.It is really quite tragic.

Icon