View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 09:44 PM
Gray Ghost
Banned

Santorum is a joke but I think you guys are misunderstanding what he said. He didn't say it was about women being weak or not being able to do the job. He said that men are weak in the sense that they have an instinct to want to help women if they think women need help. He said that would be a distraction. I'm not an expert on the military but it seems like it could be a distraction for women and men to be so close more than straight men and gay men to be together. Women can do combat or whatever it's called but I would not be surprised if some started to complain about it. There is a mentality about how we should have equality when it comes to gender yet some females don't exactly follow that. They want to be treated just like men but don't want to do the "heavy lifting". I see it all the time at my work and in society. This is 2012 people. If you are able bodied and can do a task, I don't care if you are a woman, you should do it. If you want to get rid of sexism and gender inequality, then people's attitudes have to change. That means stop babying women. If they think they can do something, let them do it.
If you are physically or mentally unable to do a task, then it's understandable. However, if you don't want to do a task because you don't want to do it and want to get someone from the opposite sex to do it then there is a problem.