View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 11:20 AM
fitz4aking
Passionate Fan

"Blair, actually. definitely. I think Blair is Dan’s soul mate. I don’t know if they’re ever going to get together, but i’ll tell you that i’ve never enjoyed any scenes on the show as much as those scenes with Leighton Meester, on a strictly intellectually as an actor. There’s a whole other thing—like everything that happened early on in the show, like the obvious Dan and Serena stuff, that moved me in a different way for obvious reasons, but strictly as an actor, those scenes with Blair are the best." Penn Badgley, 2011

First off, I cannot even believe we are finally past 100 threads! I've been rooting for Dan/Blair literally from the first episode, and I always knew in my heart that if they ever went there - they would be golden. And I was right. Dan/Blair have become the couple I always wanted them to be - the adorableness, the angst, the friendship, how vulnerable they are. They just make each other happy, and above all else these two characters deserve to be happy. They are intelligent, and witty, and they can actually relate to each other. They are kind, and just adorable. I cannot wait to see where this kiss (still can't believe they kissed) leads to. Their journey, their love story, is just beginning. And so the donut fell in love with the psycho...<3
-courtneybangelcakes

Gosh, I should be dealing in real world responsibilities such as housework, schoolwork, etc. But Dair's epic-ness won't allow for another moment's delay. Dan and Blair. I've gone over the Derena (Dan & Serena) and Chair (Blair & Chuck) relationships in my head and they lack the warming embrace of mutual understanding called "friendship". Dan and Blair are from different worlds... or zip codes, depends on your take xD! Yet Dan, in spite of his disdain for the UES, finds some kind of catharsis in being there for Blair. They're more alike than they both care to admit. She pities him. But it is slowly turning into admiration. Their previous disastrous relationships were based ONLY on romantic froth and lusty trysts. There is respect and trust in Dair's relationship. They are at times in awe of each other. Taken aback, surprised at times. They see themselves in each other. They both have insecurities but are willing to try and overcome these issues for their loved ones. They understand pain and rejection. They're coming to grips with the realization that being proven wrong about each other is the rightest thing they'll ever do. Their union would prove society and status are secondary, that true love and companionship are worth forsaking it all. They are slowly coming to grips that two misfits are definitely better than one.
-IPityTheFool

There are so many reasons I love Dan and Blair together. I’m actually someone who’d never wanted them together, ever, but their scenes in season four completely changed my mind. The chemistry I expected- after all, I always enjoyed their scenes and felt some sort of vibe when they were on screen together. I just assumed it would be a friendly one. Boy, was I wrong. The chemistry ended up being off the charts.
But it wasn’t the chemistry that made me really look at them and say, “These two would be amazing.” It’s how compatible they turned out to be. They have a lot of things in common, but are different enough not to feel like they’re dating themselves. They challenge one another, are perfectly matched in wit, and they do the best portrayal of 'enemies-who-get-along' I've seen since Joe and Kathleen. I never would have said so before, but they’re perfect for each other. Dan Humphrey is what Blair Waldorf needs and vice versa. They’re the best version of themselves when they’re together and I can't wait to see their story unfold.
-dreamywriter19

I'll admit I had an aversion to 'Dair' at the beginning, but they have completely won me over and have quickly become one of my favourite couples ever. They're so alive and happy together, plus they challenge each other to not only be better, but truer to themselves
-DiagonalZipper

Dan and Blair ... how do I begin to describe how amazing they are? I always thought they would make a "good looking" couple but never thought the writers would go there. I didn't think much more of Dan and Blair for the first two seasons as we didn't get many scenes but then S3 came along and we started getting more scenes and I realized what a great fit they would be together. They are both intelligent, share the same interests and they can both be their true selves around each other. I started thinking in S3 that maybe, maybe there was a slight chance the writers were going somewhere with them and we were seeing build up of the most amazing love story GG would ever know. I was so blown away with S4 ... finally Dan and Blair were sharing regular scenes and their chemistry is off the chart. They can banter, comfort and eye!sex it up, plus their emotional scenes are like no other on GG. From the outside they don't seem to match but when you strip down all their baggage and layers you have two people who are perfect for each other and genuinely enjoy each others company, they're not selfish with each other and it's why I love Dan and Blair.
-Seek&Destroy

Dan and I have a real connection," said Blair in Petty in Pink, yet, I'm not sure B knew just how much truth there was to that statement. They've always been connected: their stories have mirrored each other, their paths have, time and time again, crossed. From the moment she insulted him on the street on Thanksgiving, to the time he walked to her in that infamous hallway, onto him telling her that even if she loses everything, she'll still have him; Everything has lead them where they are now. Their bond has grown stronger, and along with it, feelings have surfaced and a relationship was forged. I think that the way in which they've been developed has been perfect, and their slow progression is what makes it work. It's what makes me believe that Blair "I wouldn't be this close to you without a tetanus shot" Waldorf and Dan "She's everything I hate about the UES" Humphrey are falling in love. And it's what makes me sure that this love is the right, pure and simple love that they both deserve.
-BlueSkies

Dan and Blair are this sexy-sweet, realistically awkward, compounding elements of genuineness and character strengthening vulnerability. They are everything my heart hoped for, and everything my mind imagined they could be all the way back in season one.
-lasha4god

Dan and Blair are something special in the world of Gossip Girl. Where quick hookups and OMFG moments are the norm, Dan and Blair stand out. That is the reason why I ship them. The moment Dan decided to go comfort Blair in "Bad News Blair" was when I began to root for them. It wasn't what I had expected at all. Never did I think that Lonely Boy would be the one to open up to Blair and for her to open up to him. Ever since then Dan has been the one Blair goes to and she doesn't even realize it. They hated each other at first, they were complete opposites, and basically hated everything the other stood for. With time things have changed, they have been slowly built up through the seasons. They scheme together, they tease each other, they understand each other, and they have more in common than they realize. They do simple things together but they make it so interesting. They are happiest when they are with each other. They bring out the best in each other. They have chemistry that is undeniable. There is a simplicity about them that makes them so real and so special.
-memory91

I was completely sold on Dan and Blair when I watched Bad News Blair for the first time. They were virtual strangers, and yet they shared the most honest scene the show had up to that point. That's the moment I knew they were perfect for each other. As the show went on I became even more convinced of this. Their scenes were few and far between, but their banter was endlessly entertaining and they always seemed to come together in their moments of need, despite their differences. And then season four happened, further showcasing exactly why Dan and Blair are far and away the most compelling couple of Gossip Girl. They're true intellectual equals and they share a passion for art and cinema. They challenge each other to look at the world from their differing viewpoints. Blair inspires Dan to write, and Dan encourages Blair to go after her dreams. And the chemistry! What more could you ask for?
- Ali

DB just shocked me. Their scenes were literally like a breath of fresh air in the midst of the rest of the Gossip Girl season. Their banter was smart, quick, and sexy. Their chemistry was fresh and raw and compelling. Their exchanges were the highlight of each week's episode. I didn't set out to ship them. They made me ship them. I was powerless to resist.
-TotalDenial

I love Dan and Blair because she can be herself around him, they both have a lot in common, and he knows that she turns to him when she needs help. I loved them since season one when he went to her, and he talked. All the signs point to them being the most amazing, new endgame since Dawson's Creek and this could be a totally new game changer for the show. That kiss even went the way it did because even the creators wanted the kiss to last forever. To us Dair fans it still lives on, we just want more.
-kfrancis08

At first glance, Dan and Blair might not seem compatible. She looks down on Brooklyn and he sees Blair as everything he doesn't like about the Upper East Side. But what makes them so intriguing is that their differences don't go much further than where they came from. Over their mutual love of movies and art shows, so begins an unlikely friendship. Not only do they have something in common, they've found their intellectual equal. It's the freedom to be themselves with the potential of discovering entirely new sides to one another. There's just something so natural about Dan and Blair; instead of getting lost in fantasy, they give each other what's real. And unlike some other Gossip Girl couples, their relationship has built slowly; it's been a real treat for fans that want to savor every moment.
-blazing star

It's funny, because I actually saw the first Dair scene much later than it was aired, but even without that scene I had always entertained the idea of the two of them together (I've since then remedied this!). There was something wonderfully appealing about this boy who hated everything about the UES and Blair Waldorf who WAS the UES. In a twist of fate, I completely stopped watching the show right before all their interaction in the latter half of S3. But, then, when I heard Dair was getting a lot of scenes in The Townie I decided to Youtube the scenes. And all the love I'd been harbouring for them just burst out. There's something so wonderful, and genuine, honest and beautiful about this pairing, it's hard to describe. They understand each other and they make each other better people. I love this ship with every inch of my being, I'm laughing and crying and squealing all at the same time. They're perfect. They're truly the fairytale ship of this show, and my God they have a precious thing on their hands with this pairing. It's completely stunning and yet, so, so real, honest and down-to-earth.
-PaperGirl

I love Dair because Blair can be her real self with Dan. Not the scheming sex bot that she made herself out to be for Chuck. She can be neurotic, insecure, and vulnerable, but at the end of the day she still has Dan. I guess that's important these days, to have someone you can count on when things go wrong, and especially for Blair since she is so used to having to pick up the pieces for other people. Their relationship is funny, cute and fresh. Dan is the kind of guy Blair needs, someone who accepts her for what she is no matter what. Of course, there is the adorable banter of Penn and Leighton, who bring these characters to life with their dynamism as duo. Take the risk writers, take Daire there!
-SkateGirl88

Dan and Blair are this incredibly complex duo. They have the most believable natural chemistry and amazingly witty banter. Everyone knows the old adage of 'opposites attract' but even in their opposite nature they have so many commonalities. Their dispositions are both flawed but they manage to keep each other grounded and in check without disrespecting their own character. I think they both have the ability and capacity to love one another in the ultimate sort of way. Past pretenses and labels and judgments. While they do have obvious obstacles they are intellectually, emotionally and physically equal, and it's a thrill and extremely entertaining to witness their dynamic on my television screen.
-Serene_Ray

I never really thought the Gossip Girl writers would ever give Dair a fair shot. The pressure of a certain fanbase seemed too much for them to handle. But they Daired. Which still surprises me. It's so hard to write about it (Dan could do it much better) but when I watch their scenes I feel something pure and warm and fluffy growing inside of me. I'm a multi-shipper and Dan and Serena still holds a place in my heart. But with Dair I feel that connection that only these two can have; not only their mutual interests in books, art and culture (which, by the way, I admire... they really made me want to broaden my horizons and made me interested in art and documentaries with subtitles), but also they have that instinctive understanding of each others' personalities under that facade of hate and dislike towards one another. The build up that has been there from the start and quality of writing is way beyond the writers' usual 'hook up circle' tradition, The quality of writing dialogues, humor, wit and sarcasm is their signature, and that makes people tune in for Dair and enjoy them unlike any other characters on this show. That contrast in writing for these two vs. other storylines, the care and promotion they are given from The CW and the screenwriters, gives me hope for further development of the Dair storyline, be it a friendship or romance or whatever. I need to mention Penn and Leighton especially. These two bring the closeness that they have offset to Dair's relationship. All of it is reflected in every behind-the-scenes picture of them. They've known each other for a long time and have this easy chemistry that makes some non-fans stress that Dan and Blair have friendship chemistry and not a romantic one, but to me it's the thing that helps this couple to be so different from all other relationships on Gossip Girl. They are friends, they are lovers, they are enemies, they are scheming partners, they are these two opposittes that reflect the initial theme of the show: UES vs. Brooklyn. And they are in fact the kind of opposites that DO attract. They have been waiting to attract for four years and in the meantime they were also able to attract viewers, media and ship-jumpers. I'm really proud of this Dairevolution because it's very easy to create a revolution in the fandom in season one but they achieved that in season four, which is a hard task to do but they delivered in such a big way that makes my heart jump with joy.
-P&B4ever

Three years ago, I was introduced to the awesomeness that is Dair through a fanvid on YouTube. It was the first Gossip Girl fanvid I had ever seen. It was set to one of my favorite songs: Maroon 5's "She Will Be Loved." I hadn't even seen Gossip Girl at that point and I was already hooked by the DB pairing. I started watching the show shortly after and enjoyed their journey from being connected through a mutual friend, to be connecting through their own friendship. Now this once AU pairing has graduated to a canon one. The song "She Will Be Loved" will quickly become "She IS Loved" for Ms. Waldorf. The pure, simple love Blair has always wanted is finally at her door. Hello, Mr. Humphrey. I couldn't be prouder to call Dair my OTP.
-purplestuff48

I love Dan & Blair because they can just be Dan & Blair with each other. They're both incredibly intellectual, their banter is always fun (and sometimes hard to follow), and they bring out the best in each other. I truly think that Dan makes Blair feel like it's okay to be Blair, and that she does, in fact, deserve to be happy. And when Dan is around Blair, I feel like he finds a sense of peace (albeit one that comments on his fashion) but he wouldn't have her any other way. They're simple around each other. They're not "The UES Princess" & "Lonely Boy" when they're around each other. They're Dan & Blair, two people who enjoy old Hollywood Noir films, art galleries, books, and challenging each other in healthy ways. And I'm all for that. These two have been taken for granted by the ones they loved. I think, together, they can find that love doesn't have to be complicated and full of drama to be true. DB Forever!
-**bittersweet**

"They have a funny relationship, and I kinda want to see where that goes, I think it’s cute and it’s not like a relationship with anyone else, I think she kind of is her real self with him." Leighton Meester, 2011.

"Dan, at the end of season four, was realizing he was in love with Blair. So it’s um, yanno, just a big mess for him." Penn Badgley, 2011.

"I don’t want to say that or not say that. We made a very conscious choice to take Dan and Blair slowly.We’re well aware that we can put couples together and break them up much faster than other shows can. And we really wanted to build what we felt has been there since season 1 in “Bad News Blair", hen Dan and Blair had their little moment in the hallway where they talked about their problems with their parents. So we just sort of realized that they had this long brewing friendship-slash-whatever it was. So I think what you can hope for is that Dan and Blair will continue to be connected and that story will continue to grow." Executive Producer Josh Safran, 2011