View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 10:49 AM
Jamie Choate
Elite Fan

^ Welcome.

In the new TV Guide (Smash cover, Feb 6-19) there's a short interview with Sarah on page 23. Very cute picture too. My scanner is not working so I'll type it out but hopefully someone can find it and post it here. Typing fast so forgive any typos.
Quote:
Island Girl

As Det. Rebecca Madsen on Fox's Alcatraz, Sarah Jones tracks down the most notorious criminals from the past while uncovering her own family's secrets. The 28 year-old Florida native fills us in on her badass role and what mysteries lie ahead. - Rob Moynihan

(Inset quote: "I've always been fascinated by history and whatever folklore that surrounds it," says Jones. "Alcatraz definitely fits that bill.")

What's the key to your character?

I was intrigued by Rebecca's youth, the fact that she is a bit of a prodigy in her line of work, and how she has no reservations about challenging someone like Hauser (Sam Neill). At the same time, she has a vulnerability that comes out through her partnership with Doc (Jorge Garcia) and relationship with Ray (Robert Forster).

Did you go through any weapons or fight training for the part?

I started running, boxing and learned how to shoot Rebecca's gun, which is a Glock 26!

How will the truth about her grandfather affect Rebecca down the line?

He killed her partner and she won't let that slide, regardless of whether he's family or not.

Spoiler:

What's the creepiest thing you've learned about Alcatraz?

This is more ironic than creepy, but despite the fact that Alcatraz was notorious for being the worst prison, it had a reputation for serving the best food in the prison system.

Icon by Fiona