View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 03:59 PM
warangel88
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
t’s safe to say we were all ecstatic when Donald Sutherland was cast as President Snow – he is eerily perfect for the role. And according to Entertainment Weekly, Donald was so eager for the role, he even emailed director Gary Ross about it:

”It was a long thoughtful analysis of the way power is wielded and why,” remembers Ross, “how it controls people and what the use of the Games were and how pernicious they were and the way that they were used as an instrument of political control.”

Gary was so inspired by Donald’s passion, he began writing some additional scenes for the character.

“It was so eloquent and brilliant,” continues Ross, “that it actually inspired me to write two extra scenes for him that I think are pivotal in the movie and that Suzanne really loves.”

“So I sat down in this chair and stared at the lake and came up with these two scenes,” he says. “And I realized that not only were the scenes vital but they actually fit a piece that was missing. That was a gift I got from the actor.”
EW: How Donald Sutherland Inspired Two New President Snow Scenes | The Hob