View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 10:55 PM
~Search4Truth~
Elite Fan

Also, here is a video of Ben McKenzie yesterday with fans. He's so sweet! I love how he answered their random questions. So now we know he's a good tipper because he was once a waiter.

Ben McKenzie greets fans in Hollywood! - YouTube

Also, I have a feeling that for all of you who don't watch Southland - I think if you watched the 4th season, you would like it. Tammy, I'm also talking to you. I saw some spoilers too. But anyway, Ben McKenzie even mentinoed it. His character really is a "****" this season, but he's also vulnerable and anyone who knows his back story knows that he has no family to turn to (his dad is a rich douchebag attorney who abandoned him and was involved with drug dealers that attacked Ben Sherman when he was a young boy and badly injured him while hurting his mom). And his mom basically betrayed him last season. All he has left is his sisters and they're not close. He can't relate to them. And every girl he ever tried to have a relationship with hurt him. So that means right now, his job is his life and outside of the job, he's depressed and doesn't know how to handle life. He's a rich guy, but he's lonely and depressed hiding under the facade of being a cocky, flirtacious, tough guy. Also, his job is very stressful and he sees a lot of bad things on the job. Plus, in the last episode he made a mistake that makes him infamous on the police force. So his way of dealing with things is to turn to sex (and alcohol I think) and I heard this other audio interview with Ben where he mentioned how Officer Sherman is going to downward spiral and by the end of the season, he's going to completely fall apart. I just think that will be very entertaining to watch. Plus, Ben Sherman's personality is nothing like Ryan's and it's just awesome to see Ben McKenzie in this role.

Quote:
i saw it, it was a very nice interview - he's a lot more lighthearted in the interview than on-screen as his characters! the story about the speeding was very funny, I'm guessing he didn't want to be recognised for the OC because Ryan of course got caught stealing a car Also when the police officer asked him "Are you who I think you are?", I think Ben should have totally answered "I'm whoever you want me to be" lol
Yeah, Ben McKenzie's personality is very different from his characters. That's for sure. I love it. It just goes to show how awesome an actor he is. Plus, I've noticed that all his characters are very different. Ryan Atwood is much different from Ben Sherman who is much different from Johnny (from Junebug) and his theater roles are very different too. Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed the interview! And yeah, it would have been awesome if he said, "Whoever you want me to be," (and given Ben's quick wit, he probably even thought about it - who knows), but I also don't think the police officer would have been so receptive to that answer and probably would have written him a ticket.
-The Holy Qur'an [13:16]

Last edited by ~Search4Truth~; 01-25-2012 at 11:53 PM