View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 01:22 AM
chaos blues
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManhattanBabe (View Post)
I think there is a way to compliment the character and actor you like without putting everyone else down. That's why those articles are often turn offs I think. They often slam one character in order to praise another and then don't give a reason. If you want someone to take you seriously, I'm learning that it's best to give praise where praise is due or else you come off as incredibly biased. For example, Ryan may be my favorite character and I adored Ben's performance on The OC, but I can give the other actors props for the things they did well too and I can understand why someone else may like a different character more than Ryan if they don't relate as much to Ryan. Some of those articles seriously make me roll my eyes.

ETA: This had to be said. I think Ben McKenzie is one of the most underrated actors today. Anyone who watches him in things like Southland and Junebug can appreciate what I mean - he has the ability to play characters that are completely different, and he can act through his eyes and body language like very few other actors I've seen, especially now. He puts so much thought into his characters - I think it's a shame his talent is sometimes overlooked and he's often unappreciated... or ridiculed for having been on The OC.
i totally agree with you, but i bet there are still people out there who would disagree. our opinions are all just that opinions and therefore very subjective. it's just the way it is. and if i think someone is a bad actor i am going to say it and so are most other people i guess. but just because i cannot appreciate someone as an actor or a singer or whatever doesn't mean i have the right to bash them, especially when i have never even talked to them. so i kinda know what you mean.