View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 08:47 PM
Bailey030303
Fan Forum Hero

So I finished the book today. With the snow we had today I didn't get a chance to run and buy the movie but that's on my agenda tomorrow.

Well........Jacob, Jacob....it was a bittersweet story. He's such a stand up guy. His love for not only Marlena but for Rosie along with his buddies he made at the circus was heartwarming. August was definitely a sick bastard. I thought it was poetic justice how he met his end. I was disgusted that Uncle Al insisted that Jacob persuade Marlena to go back to August..after the bastard had beat her!!! All he gave a crap about was the bottom line...well he gets his just desserts at the end as well. I was saddened that both Camel and Walter were redlighted off the train and died. Jacob had gone out of his way to keep Camel out of sight after he became paralyzed. He was a very good friend. I wasn't sure about Walter at first but it was nice to see the relationship between Jacob and him grow. Still sucks that he had to die. The flashbacks between old Jacob and young Jacob really gave it a nice twist. Again my heart was heavy for Jacob that his family didn't really care much about him. I know they came to visit once a week but he would have loved to have lived with one of his kids. And not one of them could take him in? I have to wonder what happened? I mean Marlena and Jacob really loved each other...I think they gave their kids lots of love and a good life. And this is how you repay your father and your mother's memory. Sorry that really hit a sore point with me because I know what's like to have a family member in a nursing home...we were there all the time. Okay I digress...then at the end he runs away again to the circus, at the age of 93. Good for him. His family couldn't give a crap to come that day to take him when they know how much it meant to him. But Charlie O'Brien understood.

It was a good read. I am really anxious now to see the movie. I can envision Robert in those scenes with the animals, his confrontation with August where they beat the crap out of each other, the first time he and Marlena make love and on and on....

Max❣️Liz