View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 08:00 PM
water lilies
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome. I love what she said about Suzanne:

"I wasn’t quite sure if this was how Suzanne Collins imagined the scene. And so I talked to her, and she told me just that Rue was trying to be very strong for Katniss. She wanted Katniss to go on, so she tried to be very brave for Katniss. That was very helpful."

New Josh quotes:
Quote:
Thursday, 19 January 2012
Josh Hutcherson gets hungry

Josh Hutcherson on what appealed to him about the character of Peeta:
“I never read a character I related to more, honestly. He has this idea that no matter what situation you’re in and where you are, you have to stay true to yourself and the values you stand by. That’s pretty much the moral I live my life by.”

On preparing for The Hunger Games fandom:
“It’s hard. I don’t know if anyone can prepare for that kind of thing. I’ve never been part of a project that had so much anticipation surrounding it before we even started filming. It brings added pressure, but at the same time it makes you strive to work better and harder. I think we’ve done a really good job on the film and I hope people like it, especially the fans. In fact, I know they will.”

On how The Hunger Games differs from your everyday blockbuster:

“It’s serious and darker, which makes it all that more important.”

On working with Jennifer Lawrence:
“Jennifer is one of those people who can be herself in any situation and says what she wants. To meet someone as talented and beautiful as she is who’s like that is really refreshing.”

On reality television and its effect on society:

“I’m not a huge fan. I don’t watch a lot of TV in general and especially not the reality stuff. It’s interesting how people push themselves to the limit to get in front of the cameras. The idea they would push themselves to battle each other in a similar arena isn’t that much of a stretch.”

On stunt work and weapons training:
“In the beginning Peeta has a spear, but I get injured pretty early on so I don’t have to do too much of that.”

On The Hunger Games social commentary:
“The movie speaks a lot to the individual power of an individual and how a group of people can band together. Especially with what we’ve see at the moment with the 99 per cent fighting the 1 per cent in the Occupy Wall Street Movement, that’s very relevant. The Hunger Games series is an interesting commentary on that.”
Movie Mazzupial