View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 03:21 PM
GrhmLz
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
My grievance is not so much with their behavior being slightly altered, but with the way their relationship was being written. It was handled quite carelessly at times. And after the damage of season two, I was expecting the exact opposite.
The behavior alteration still bothered me, but yeah, I definitely agree. I almost kind of felt insulted with it, like I did with Liz and S2, where Liz was kind of being treated like a background character while she wasn't 'seeing' Max anymore. Liz was a smart character, of course she should have been kept in the loop. I didn't like the feeling that S3 ML were kind of being treated like an afterthought as well.

Quote:
i so relate to the fact that she's one of those people that aren't able to cry when the ones that they love die. Some people may mistake this for "coldness" but it isn't like that. Her reaction to Max's death was dramatic. She seemed like a statue. Like when Alex died she also comforted Maria and she wasn't able to let people comfort her.
Being like that...It's the worst thing because you need to cry. It's a way to let the feelings go. You feel a bit better after that. But if you don't cry it's worse.
Yeah, I agree, I think Liz was the type to bottle up her grief and then to try and redirect it into other places. For example, with Alex, her investigation became her total focus and then later on with Max, she just withdrew and tried to act like nothing was bothering her. But her roommate, who barely even knew her, noticed it.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.