View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 11:25 AM
*Coccy*
Absolute Fan

I remember reading the spoilers about season 3 before watching it.. the way some people described M&L in that season was scaring
but then when i actually watched it i thought that it wasn't that bad. Not at all. Some people crucified them it was so excessive and i didn't feel that it was always justified by their actual actions in the show. It seemed like if everything they did was wrong regardless.
Some fans of other couples would sell their own mother to get for their ship the kind of scenes that M&L have in ALL the seasons. No kidding

The ending of season 2 when M&L didn't agree about Alex's death.. Now that is OOC and completely forced for them both. They're not recognizable as the same characters from season 1 for me. They both annoyed me but i didn't stop being a dreamer and i still wanted them together (because yes they annoyed me but i understood them to a degree.) So I guess that after that everything compared to it would look better to me
Their scenes from season 3 are like a medicine.
Season 1 is the best. After that the writing started getting worse and worse.
In many ways ML were one of the few things that still made sense and had some depth. LOL it makes me laugh that some non-dreamer fans are able to say that the ending with them married is the only thing that made sense and felt right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Also, in addition to this, I think that unfortunately, it didn't matter what the writers did in a S3, storyline wise. The Tess/baby mess forever 'stole' the initial magic that made ML who they were in S1. They were bound to remain 'tainted' in the eyes of alot of ML fans no matter what, without a 'mindwarp erasure' storyline

I think that this is the main reason.
It's the reason of why the dreamer fanbase, at least the "old one" kinda split in two and some were able to enjoy season 3 while others hated it regardless.
nowadays "new dreamers" have a different perception because they can see everything together. Also new tv-shows are so much worse toward the shippers that for some people M&L are heaven compared to the current tv-couples.

I'm one of those dreamers that didn't feel like MT ruined M&L for good. Not at all.
I may dislike some things but they don't bother me too much.

I can understand the others that may have a different perception though because something similar happened to me with Luke and Lorelai.

anyway Roswell taught me that i firstly have to watch a show by myself and then read other people's opinions only after i watched it. Other people can involuntarily influence our perception of things. Fanbases tend to create "opinions trends" too where it's established that if something is seen as bad or good by one group then everyone must see it like that.
I suggested roswell to some of my friends and they watched it but i never shared my opinions about some things before they had watched everything. Believe it or not but i hardly told them that M&L were my main ship I didn't want to influence them with MY opinion.

Last edited by *Coccy*; 01-14-2012 at 11:36 AM