View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 06:26 PM
water lilies
Fan Forum Hero

I think you're right.

Leven interview with Seventeen

Quote:
Leven Rambin, who plays Glimmer in The Hunger Games spills on-set secrets and dishes on her co-stars!

By Ellen Collis

We were so excited to hang out with Leven Rambin and get all the on-set Hunger Games gossip! She spilled about having slumber parties with her castmates, an epic prank war with the guys and the biggest real-life love lesson she learned from Katniss. Leven didn't hold back when it came to dishing about her hot co-stars Liam Hemsworth and Josh Hutcherson. Read our exclusive interview for all the inside scoop!

Seventeen: What was the dynamic like on the set of The Hunger Games?

Leven Rambin: All the tributes were really close. We were like a gang, we did everything together — out to eat, sleepovers, went to the movies. It felt like a slumber party for four months! Everyone was really sweet.

17: Fun! What did you do at your sleepovers?

LR: We’d paint on T-shirts or make up songs and record them on the computer, or we'd prank call Alexander Ludwig and try to get Jake T. Austin to call us. We’d eat vegan cookies and cakes because Isabelle [Furhman]’s mom is vegan and we’d watch Hilary Duff movies.

17: How would you typecast everyone?

LR: Jack Quaid was the resident comedian, he was always making everybody laugh. Amandla [Stenberg] is so smart and funny and clever…she and Jackie and Alexander got involved in the pranking. And Isabelle was quite the prankster as well! We’d just prank call each other, we would put stuff in other people’s food or move around their furniture in their trailer and put it in the bathroom so they didn’t know where it was. We’d spread funny rumors about each other.

17: What about Liam, Josh and Jennifer?

LR: Liam was only around for a short time because his character isn’t in the arena, but he’s awesome. He had a really cool, calm energy. He’s really funny and self-deprecating. Josh was also very witty and had a great rapport with Jennifer. They were both really funny and sarcastic. Josh bought a lot of cars while we were shooting. He loves old cars. And he couldn’t really drive them because they were so old and always breaking down. He loves to buy them, but doesn’t have time for the up-keep.

17: What training did you have to do for Glimmer’s character?

LR: I did a lot of sword training, which was really challenging. I also did a lot of boxing training and hand-to-hand combat. I just had to get in the mindset of someone who would want to do that every day! It was cool because I pushed myself physically and mentally. I couldn’t be vain about being sweating and smelling gross or worry about taking a hit or two.

17: What was your favorite scene to film?

LR: The interview I had with Stanley Tucci, that was awesome. It was all improvised and we were all in beautiful clothes. I also loved the fighting scenes in the Cornucopia. Those were really crazy experiences. It was a lot of really intricate shots and fight sequences.

17: What was the energy like on set to prepare for the fight scenes?

LR: We just rehearsed them over and over. We were all in the mindset of “let’s just do this!” We were all pumped for it so we didn’t mind taking blows. Everyone was really down for that.

17: What is a love lesson that can be learned from the film?

LR: Initially Katniss and Peeta don’t really like each other, but they grow close from what they experience. She sees qualities in him that she really likes, things she wouldn’t have seen if they weren’t put in that situation. So I always think it’s important to allow someone to reveal themself. If you notice something about someone that you like, it could really tell you something about who they are during a time of trial. The truth will come out.
Leven Ramin Interview - Leven Rambin The Hunger Games - Seventeen

I'm glad to hear that we'll get to see Caesar's interviews with some of the other tributes.