View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 10:10 PM
dive into you
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for all the new interviews

Quote:
Gary Ross Already Working on Catching Fire with Suzanne Collins

LA Times has a great new interview with Gary Ross. They got to see the scene from the movie where Katniss and Peeta are talking the night before the Games begin, commenting that “a look comes over Lawrence’s face that convincingly telegraphs her character’s understanding of her grim future.” Here’s what Gary had to say about Jennifer in that scene:

“Every moment is like this,” says Ross, 55, almost jubilant in his adoration for Lawrence, 21, who plays Katniss Everdeen — the 16-year-old centerpiece to “The Hunger Games.” Strong and feisty, Katniss is forced to fight for her life as part of her futuristic country’s perverse entertainment spectacle that pits teenagers against each other. “She is so talented, it’s unbelievable.”

…But Ross says he was willing to give up the assignment if he couldn’t persuade Lawrence to take the role.

“I don’t know how I ever could have done this movie without Jennifer,” he said. “I’m not sure I would have done it without her. She’s that important. More important than any other piece — including me. She’s Katniss Everdeen.”

On the creation of the Capitol, Gary had this to say:

“What the Capitol looks like is tremendously important,” he said as he showed off the concept art of the sprawling structure. “The great seats of power tend to be wide and open, not vertical and soaring. Red Square, Tiananmen Square, the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin — all massive but with large open spaces that project an image of might. I thought it was important that you felt that this was a civilization that had always been there — not something that we ginned up in CG.”

The article also reveals that Gary has already has begun working with Suzanne Collins and screenwriter Simon Beaufoy (previously rumored for the position) on Catching Fire!! Check out the full article at the LA Times.

How excited are you to know that Gary Ross is coming back for Catching Fire?!
Quote:
Josh Hutcherson is ‘On Board’ for ‘Hunger Games’ Sequels

As we reported a little earlier, it looks like Gary Ross has already started working on the Catching Fire movie! And while nothing is official just yet, it’s great to see the people involved in the first film so eager to continue the series. In an exclusive interview, E! Online spoke to Josh Hutcherson about the possibility of more Hunger Games movies.

“They want to wait and see how this comes out and does and how much fans like it, and then hopefully we’re going to start on the next one next fall,” Josh Hutcherson told us at the People’s Choice Awards in L.A.

But are Hutcherson’s Hunger Games costars Jennifer Lawrence and Liam Hemsworth on board for another flick?

“Oh, for sure,” he said. “What I’ve seen of the first one I’m in love with, so I’m on board for however many they want to make.”

Exactly what we want to hear! You can read the full interview at E! Online.