View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 04:08 PM
water lilies
Fan Forum Hero

Was this posted? Interview with Willow
Quote:
Willow Shields talks Hunger Games, Josh, Liam & Jennifer with Twist magazine

TWIST: What was the audition process like for The Hunger Games?
Willow: I received an audition from [director] Gary Ross and I taped it from home and sent it to California. When I got a callback I flew into California and met with Gary and right then he told me that I got the part! I was really excited!

TWIST: How did you react when you found out?
Willow: I was speechless because I couldn’t really imagine that I actually got the part! I was almost done with the first book when I got the audition so I knew that this was one of the bigger characters and that it was an amazing character to be able to become in the movie.

TWIST: That’s so exciting! What was the vibe like on set while you were filming?
Willow: Sometimes it was serious but a lot of times it was really fun. Jen [Lawrence] and I were always hanging out and talking–it was just really fun!

TWIST: Who was the funniest person on set?

Willow: I think the funniest person in the whole cast is probably Jack Quaid. He is hilarious!

TWIST: Did you get to work with Liam Hemsworth or Josh Hutcherson at all?
Willow: I did get to work with Liam. He’s super quiet but really nice and that’s exactly how I imagined Gale being. And Josh was just so humble and so social and he’s super nice!

TWIST: Did anything surprise you about Liam?
Willow: I didn’t know what to expect when I first met him but then I was like, ‘This is perfect; He’s like… Gale!’. Anytime he came on set he’d have this quiet, strong attitude and I felt like that was exactly how Gale would be.

TWIST: Yeah, definitely! What was Jennifer Lawrence like to work with?
Willow: She was amazing! She is so talented and I think it’s such an honor to be able to work with her! She really gave me a lot of advice on set and we kind of became sisters.

TWIST: That’s so nice! So, what scene was your favorite to film? And which scene are you most excited to see when the movie comes out?
Willow: I don’t really have a favorite; it was so amazing to shoot all the scenes. I’m super excited for the reaping scenes and handing the pin to Katniss and things like that!
source