View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 05:15 AM
Nikki K
Elite Fan

True. I just thought I'd share that quote. Mainly because I'm just reading another Sancia-based novel and for about 30 pages or so, I was under the impression I was supposed to believe in love between her and Cesare. Thankfully that has changed now and he shows his evil, scheming self.

So I was looking in actual biographies/history books where this was coming from in the first place about her and Cesare, or her and Juan but honestly - none of the authors could quote a historical source on this, especially Mallett thinks it was as made up as the incest allegations. Of the latter however he writes that Sforza must have actually believed what he was saying since he came from a family that was very cold and non-touchy-feely, hence the closeness among the Borgia family - and especially Cesare and Lucrezia - bewildered him.

There were other interesting things in that book some of them CL related, some of them not. Perhaps, I'll quote those later in the other thread.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").