View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 02:35 PM
rowanlove
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiteOrdinary (View Post)
I couldn't agree more about not wanting them to go the route of the student/teacher liaison! That almost seems too obvious anyway. I have to believe he's there for another reason. We didn't know Charlie's real connection at first either.
Thank you for the caps, btw! Still loving Mr's C's wardrobe, that's for sure!

I agree that it was a fantastic relief that Mr. C was clear that he liked Juliet as a student, but he didn't like her romantically. I also liked that he called her a 'kid', because whether or not she wanted to hear it, he made he clear that he did not consider her an adult, regardless of how she may act or have behaved previously. (I really hope that doesn't change, despite how persistent Juliet might become! It's obvious from her joining the study group, she's not about to give up.)

Ang - I took that first scene to be that he was becoming concerned she was becoming overly familiar, especially when she started with the, 'No disrespect, but...', so he was more stern, but he didn't want to crush her ego completely, IMO. It's obvious she was trying to interact with him on a peer level, where she had the right to tell him how she thought he should handle things and he wasn't having it. I also liked that he was firm, but that he didn't shoot her down bluntly in the first scene, because he knows the teenage ego is fragile and Juliet is still trying to find her place. I thought it was well-done and mature that he held his peace until it was obvious she was making inappropriate overtures.

I do have to add that I love he still accepted her into his after school study group or whatever it was, because while he may want to draw the line for her, he also doesn't want her to feel ostracized and like no one is there for her.

Last edited by rowanlove; 11-12-2011 at 02:40 PM