View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Aurora Cormier
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Oh, - you know that part at the accident site where Luka is running really really fast? Well for whatever reason, I forgot that the scene was in this episode and it used to drive me crazy every week when I'd see that shot of him running in the opening credits because I could never remember which episode it was from
LOL I know, I was "Oh! That's the one!" when I saw it this time

Quote:
it is ridiculous that they sent Elizabeth to the accident scene when she was so heavily pregnant
Right?? So irresponsible

Quote:
I don't really understand Mark's test either.
Glad to know I'm not the only one

Quote:
Can I ask - why did everyone always mention Dr. McLucas when inevitably Dr. Coburn was the OB we saw? I know she isn't in this episode, but still. It was always Coburn
Well, because she's probably not the only OB. Unlike Corday who is obviously the only surgeon.

Quote:
But parking your car on a train track and not comprehending that many other people will be injured/killed as a result? That is... well I don't know what that is.
That's being a jackass

Quote:
I find this moment with the bishop before the flashback to be so serene. I am not a religious person, but I am fascinated with religion as a general concept. The different customs, the strong beliefs, etc.

And now the flashback. I honestly don't think there is a sadder moment on ER, not when you take yourself out of the show and out of your allegiance to your favourite characters. When you think about a person, A DOCTOR and the fact that they had to sit and watch their ENTIRE family bleed to death while sitting in the middle of a war zone? That is unfathomable and beyond heartbreaking.

The bishop's speech is beautiful and I love how James Cromwell delivers the whole thing. He has such a soothing, but authoritative presence.
All of this I love it when he says "Let me take that burden with me", there's something so beautiful about this moment for me, a person that's ready to die and at peace with that inevitability, but still wants to one last good deed for someone before going. My heart

And I agree about the flashback, saddest moment ever, and I loved/admired/respected Luka so much at that moment. Being able to rise from all that and start his WHOLE life over