View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 06:35 AM
Manu9
Fan Forum Star

Let's keep things nice, guys, ok? We can have different opinions, it's what makes discussion more interesting The finale of the show, in terms of B/J, has always been controversial in fandom.

I don't think Brian was unhappy in the end. I don't think he was even unhappy with his attempt to be monogamous and with the wedding and all that. I think he seemed so different and kinda like he was shutting down because he was overwhelmed, most of all. I think he needed a little time to come to terms with everything that had happened, with almost losing Justin, with saying goodbye to some of his own issues, with how fast things were moving forward, with the proposal and the house. I don't see him as unhappy during those episodes. But I also disagree that the fact monogamy and marriage weren't really completely his thing and he might have felt uncomfortable with some of that, means that he was committed only half way. I don't think you have to want to get married and you have to be monogamous to be fully committed. It was never about those things with Brian.
Personally, I think we got a lot from Brian in the finale. Was it everything? No, probably not. But I guess the same can be said for Justin. Everything would have been for Justin to give up NYC and stay with Brian. But was it really necessary? Was it really the right time to be everything, give everything? A relationship is a matter of step by step, it grows and matures and gets stronger day after day. I think in the finale Brian and Justin found a compromise, a good place for their relationship and their personalities as individuals to be. I didn't need the "everything". I think they were fully committed emotionally and that's enough for me and I think it was enough also for them