View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 06:03 AM
vampire princess
Banned

VAMPARIC LOVE BITES

BY

SHELLY GRAHAM

Stefan arrived back in Mystic Falls after being away for many years when the whole family moved to Florence. Stefan had loved living in Italy even though his older brother Damon hated him and blamed him for their mother’s death.

Stefan always knew Damon’s hatred ran deeper than that, especially after what happened with Katherine a young girl who had come to stay with the Salvatore’s. Young Katherine was supposed to be sickly and at one point nobody knew she was actually already a vampire. Stefan became quite friendly with Katherine and spent a lot of time with her, especially with Damon being away from home. Stefan ended up falling in love with Katherine and had planned on marrying her.

When Damon returned unexpectantly and spots Katherine he is instantly taken with her and charms her away from Stefan. After a while both Damon and Stefan realize that Katherine is actually a vampire and set about trying to protect her but unfortunately their father finds out and locks her away he also prevents Stefan from rescuing her.

Stefan tried to tell Damon what happened but Damon doesn’t listen to reason and is angry with Stefan.

By this time Katherine has bitten Stefan when she slept with him and had made him drink her blood turning him into a vampire. She also slept with Damon and drank some of his blood but she didn’t fully turn him. Due to what their dad had done to Katherine Stefan ended up killing their dad and because he didn’t want to lose his brother Stefan forces Damon to drink blood after he bit him.

Damon furious with Stefan for forcing him to drink blood and become a vampire banished Stefan from Italy telling his younger brother never to return and also that he would make Stefan suffer for eternity.

After a while Stefan stopped feeding on humans and reverted to drinking from animals in the woods surrounding the Salvatore mansion in Mystic Falls.

Once Stefan had settled back in Mystic Falls he enrolled at the local high school something he was able to do for the first time as their father wouldn’t allow Stefan to go to school yet he always let Damon go to collage yet Stefan always had tutors.

Elena and her friends were wondering who the handsome new guy was who had just enrolled at their school. Stefan walked into the history class after enrolling and sat as near Elena as he could and kept looking over at her from time to time. Stefan can hardly believe his eyes, as Elena looked so much like Katherine, bringing back painful memories for Stefan and even though he tried to stay away from Elena afterwards Stefan found himself drawing closer to her yet he is afraid to fall in love with her yet he feels he must protect Elena especially from Damon if his older brother ended up coming to Mystic Falls.

Elena is up at the graveyard after school sitting at her parent’s grave writing in her diary and thinking about Stefan. Little does Elena know she is being watched by a very large crow and a little later a strange mist engulfed the graveyard. Elena is startled and slightly frightened as she has no idea who or what is watching her in the graveyard. She puts her diary back in her bag, gets up off the ground and heads home. Once she has reached her aunts house she feels a lot better after she entered the house. Elena found her aunt preparing dinner. As usual Jeremy is no where to be seen.

Elena is worried about her young brother as Jeremy has taken their parents death hard even harder than Elena. Jeremy finds it very hard to cope with the loss and has got himself in with a bad crowd at school to the extent he is drinking and taking drugs to block out the pain.

Elena goes upstairs to freshen up before dinner which both Elena and her aunt have started eating when Jeremy appeared and headed straight upstairs to his room. He is stopped by his aunt on his way upstairs. Jeremy mutters that he is not hungry and that he will eat later as he had already had something to eat at Vicki’s. Jenna believes him and lets him go to his room. Elena isn’t as convinced as her aunt and tried to follow Jeremy into his room but he is quicker and closes the room door locking it before she can come in.

Elena reluctantly goes to her room and writes more in her diary about her day and meeting the mysterious Stefan Salvatore.

Dear diary

I wasn’t looking forward to going back to school after the holidays, although all my friends would be there I felt there was nothing to look forward to, especially since the death of my parents which I find so hard to cope with I miss them so much. I try to be strong and cope for Jeremy’s sake yet it is so hard. I worry about Jeremy so much as he has taken our parents death even harder than I have, his school work has suffered dramatically I am sure he has been cutting classes, going drinking and taking drugs since hanging out with Vicki and her friends.

Arrived at school with Bonnie, met up with Caroline on the way into school and straight away we noticed a new guy had come to our school. At that point we didn’t know who he was , turned out his name is Stefan Salvatore he recently moved to Mystic Falls, he is 17same as me yet he seems to look older in a way I can’t describe. I think he is in nearly all my classes for some reason. He is so good looking with wavy brown hair and beautiful green eyes. I caught him looking at me quite a lot in history class. So far not really managed to talk to him as for some reason he is trying to avoid me for some reason yet he could hardly keep he eyes off me in class.

While Elena was at home in her room Stefan is in the mansion’s living room writing up about Elena in his diary and all the time he is writing his sharp vamparic hearing is listening out for anything unusual.

Mystic Falls present day Stefan’s diary entry

Enrolled at the local high school today after mind controlling the lady in the office things went smoothly and I managed to get nearly all the same classes as Elena Gilbert, the young girl I had been told about who looked so much like Katherine. I could hardly believe my eyes when I walked into history class and saw her sitting there; it was like looking at a mirror image of Katherine.

Elena is almost identical to her in looks I could hardly take my eyes of her yet even though I know she’s not Katherine and that Katherine is long gone, seeing Elena brought back memories. Even though I want to help Elena and be her friend I feel it is best I stay away from her as much as possible for her sake as well as my own especially with her not knowing that I am in fact a vampire and not a normal 17 year old human boy. Hopefully she will never find out. She will never find out form me unless she somehow found out then I probably will be forced to tell her. I pray that day will never come, yet I feel danger is already here in the form of my older brother. If Damon is back then I must warn and protect Elena as there is no way I’m going to let him get anywhere near her.

Stefan.

Stefan carefully locked his diary away and went out hunting in the woods near the mansion. While he was out, Damon arrived back and finds Stefan’s diary and starts reading it while he waits for his little brother to return.

As soon as Stefan returns to the house he knew he isn’t alone and that Damon is in the house.

“What are you doing here brother, thought you wouldn’t come back here cause there wasn’t enough in Mystic Falls to satisfy you?” Stefan asked.

“True this town doesn’t have much to offer. I’m here on business brother.” Damon said continuing to read his brother’s diary.

“Give that back, you have no right to be reading my diary.” Stefan growled.

“I see you have found the girl who looks so much like Katherine I must meet this Elena.” Damon smirked.

“You keep away from her; she is nothing like Katherine except in looks.” Stefan growled.

“Oh I see I’ve hit a nerve little brother I’ll think about leaving her alone though for your information I have seen little Miss Gilbert already.” Damon said.

“What, where did you see Elena?” Stefan asked.

“In the graveyard, seems she spends a lot of time there little brother. Don’t worry she didn’t see me I made sure of that.” Damon smirked.

“You better not hurt her.” Stefan said.

“Never touched her, I wasn’t even in solid form while I watched her in the graveyard. Get used to me being around again little brother as we are going to living together for quite a bit while I do what business I came back here to do.” Damon said.

Stefan knows he has to talk to Elena and warn her about Damon. He picks up his leather jacket and house keys, heads out without telling Damon where he is going. Stefan heads over to Elena’s and sees her in her room writing at the window. Stefan indicates to Elena to let him in as he had to talk to her.

Elena goes downstairs and lets Stefan in, telling her aunt that he’s come over to help with some homework. Stefan follows Elena into the house once she invited him in and they go up to Elena’s room. Elena closes her bedroom door once Stefan is inside.

“I am sorry I have made things awkward for you with your aunt especially as I have to talk to you alone.” Stefan said.

“That’s partly why I told her you were going to help me with some of my homework though I doubt she will check on us.” Elena said

“I will gladly help you with the history homework.” Stefan said.

“Thanks though I know you didn’t come all this way to talk about history homework considering you have been going out your way to avoid me after school, you even decided to join my ex Matt’s football team.” Elena said.

“Elena I wasn’t going out my way to avoid you to hurt you, I am sorry if I’ve hurt you in any way. I was avoiding you to protect you.” Stefan said sitting down on Elena’s bed.

“I thought you liked me Stefan, especially when you kept looking at me in history class after you enrolled at school, yet you went out your way to ignore and avoid me afterwards.” Elena said.

“Oh Elena I do like you, more than words can say. I felt it would be best to avoid you out of school for your protection. I would never do anything to hurt you, unlike the one I am trying to protect you against.” Stefan said.

“That’s twice you have mentioned protecting me, protecting me from who or what?” Elena asked.

“My older brother, he’s back in town to cause me pain and misery to all eternity like he did before.” Stefan said.

“Why would your brother do that to you? I didn’t even know you had a brother.” Elena said.

“Something happened a long time ago which involved a young girl we both loved, I loved her first then my older brother Damon set his blue eyes on her when he returned home and stole her away from me. Damon has hated me ever since what happened and vowed to cause my life misery ever since. Stay away from him Elena please. Damon may look all handsome and sweet natured like myself, yet I can assure you his charm is all an act, he is nothing like me, he doesn’t care who he hurts along the way. He is a womanizer loves them and leaves them. I never thought he would come here again yet he has.” Stefan cried.

“What has he come back for? Maybe he’s back to make things up with you.” Elena said

“No chance of that Elena I can assure you my brother’s hatred of me runs deep. He said he’s back to do some business and he would be here quite a while, he didn’t tell me what the business is. I warned him to stay away from you yet I don’t know if he will considering he has already seen you.” Stefan said.

“What, where has your brother seen me?” Elena asked.

“He said he saw you in the graveyard.” Stefan said.

“I didn’t see anyone when I was there I’m sure I would of noticed someone who looked similar to you Stefan.” Elena said

“I know its none of my business yet my brother said you go to the graveyard a lot, why is that? It’s ok you don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to.” Stefan said.

“It’s alright Stefan I don’t mind telling you though not many know why I go there often. Our parents died in a car accident during the summer and Jeremy and I came here to live with our aunt. I miss my parents a lot and feel close to them when I go to the graveyard. I write in my diary there at times too.” Elena said. “Jeremy has taken our parents death really hard, harder than me I think. I am worried about him.

Stefan puts his arm round Elena comforting her. “I take it that’s why you were rushing about between classes and coming out of the gents bathroom when you bumped into me the first day of me being at your school.” Stefan said.

“Yes. Since our parents death Jeremy has been doing badly with his school work, cutting classes, taking drugs and drinking since he started hanging out with Vicki Donovan and her cronies.” Elena said.

“I know what you and Jeremy are going through I know what it’s like to lose parents, our mother died not long after I was born then years later our dad died. I totally understand why you go to the graveyard just be careful though.” Stefan said.

“Thanks for understanding, I’ll be careful and I’ll keep away from your brother.” Elena said

“It won’t be easy, I’m sure my brother will seek you out properly at some point. I have something at home that will help keep him at bay. I’ll give it to you tomorrow in school.” Stefan said before leaving Elena’s and returning home.

“Well little brother I take it you were away warning Elena about me.” Damon said.

“Yes I did warn her about you I don’t want you anywhere near her hurting her.” Damon said.

“Does she know what we are little brother?” Damon asked.

“No she doesn’t know and I am not going to tell her, hopefully she will never find out what we are.” Stefan said.

“Wonder what your Elena would think and do if she found out we are vampires little brother.” Damon said.

“She would probably freak out. Like I said she will never find out what I am, I am being careful regarding my hunting and feeding and she thinks I’m vegetarian.” Stefan said.

“We will see. Did you tell her about Katherine?” Damon asked.

“Not exactly.” Stefan said.

Stefan leaves Damon drinking bourbon in the living room. Stefan goes upstairs to his room to ponder over what Damon had said and hopes that Elena never finds out he is a vampire even though he only drinks animal blood and not human blood like Damon does.

Before going to bed Stefan looks out the locket he is going to give Elena he is very careful when he checks to make sure the vervain is still working in it.

While Stefan is trying to sleep Damon is going through his plan for bringing Katherine back and also for bringing disruption to Mystic Falls. Damon eventually falls asleep though not for long as neither Damon or Stefan actually need to sleep either night or during the day and they can go out in daylight due to wearing sun protection Lapis Luzuli rings.

The next morning Stefan is up before Damon has shouted up the stairs.