View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 03:52 PM
smoothcriminal
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dice8us (View Post)
No new episode this week, so weird
Yeah... especially since this is Halloween Week. You'd think they'd have a Halloween-themed episode. Man, I would love to see Jack and Henry go trick-or-treating together!!

Jack could be holding little 3-year-old Henry's hand as he wobbles down the street in his Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle costume. I wouldn't even care if Will was there as long as he's the one minding the kids while Jotch is sharing more eye!sex.

ETA: Umm.... so this story was supposed to be a short scene from this week's glaringly absent Halloween episode, I decided to write one since CM didn't. It was supposed to be only abt 100 words or less, but it got away from me. And Will was originally in the story but then Hotch and JJ started flirting with each other so I wrote him out.

This is my first ever officially unofficial Jotch fic. Unbeta-ed, just for fun. Don't sue me.

Quote:
Untitled Halloween Jotch Fic (ooh, how original)

"C'mon Henry, they're gonna run out of candy."

Jack grabs little 3-year-old Henry Jareau's hand and holds on to it tightly. They just learned about the buddy system at school and his teacher taught him it was important to always look out for and stay close to his buddy. He marches them towards the big white door decorated in black spider webs and other creepy-crawly creatures of the night.

Henry giggles when a kid dressed up as an Ewok waddles past him, bag full of goodies in his hand. After her initial anxiety, JJ finally allowed Hotch to convince her to let their kids walk up to the door by themselves while they remained at a reasonable but discreet distance. They both laugh when Henry struggles to lift his chubby legs up the steps.

"Thanks for inviting us to go trick or treating with you and Jack," JJ says, heart melting at the sight of young Jack Hotchner patiently waiting for her son to walk up the steps with him. She could already see that Jack would grow up to be a good man, just like his father. "It's the first Halloween where Henry is old enough to understand and appreciate it."

"No problem." Then, in a teasing voice, Hotch says, "You've only been hinting for an invitation for the last three weeks."

JJ turns wide blue eyes to him and smacks him playfully on the arm. "I have not!" she gasps, laughing.

Hotch grunts and rubs his arm where she socked him, feigning injury. He takes in JJ's beautiful, laughing face and infectious smile and finds his own lips twitching in mirth, something he seems to be doing a lot around her lately. "Well, it was the least I could do after you saved my butt and stepped in for Rossi to help me coach Jack's soccer team."

"Well, my butt was hurt that you didn't ask me in the first place," she retorts with a pout.

Hotch laughs. "You look just like Jack when he doesn't get his way."

JJ pouts some more but the twinkle in her eyes belies her mutinous expression.

"Besides," Hotch says, "Rossi was so excited about getting up at ass o'clock on Saturday mornings. I didn't have the heart to tell him no." They both crack up, remembering how much grumbling Rossi did during the first few practices.

"I imagine taking care of Carolyn takes up all of Rossi's free time now," JJ says, suddenly serious.

Hotch nods in agreement. He can't help but admire Rossi's commitment to his ex-wife and ability to remain friends with her even after a failed marriage. He wonders how he would handle things if he were in Rossi's shoes and if Haley had lived.

"Yes, you would have done the same thing for Haley."

Hotch shakes his head in wonder. "How do you always know what I'm thinking?" he asks her, smiling.

"I'm not just another pretty face, thank you very much," she says primly.

"Nope. Just pretty and smart," he murmurs, delighting in the blush that suddenly tinges her cheeks.

"Daddy! Daddy! I got lots of candies!"

Hotch tears his gaze away from JJ just in time to catch Jack launching himself into his arms. "That's great, buddy!" he enthuses, giving his son a high-five. He looks down to see Henry tugging on his pant leg, arms raised to be carried. Sharing a glance with JJ, he shifts Jack to one side, then reaches for Henry, picking him up with his free arm. "How about you Henry? Did you get a lot of candy too?"

Henry nods in excitement, all five chubby fingers spread out. "Five."

"Don't worry, Daddy. I'll share my candy with Henry." Hotch watches as his son digs through his loot before pulling out a tiny piece wrapped in silver foil. "This is for you, Miss Jareau."

"Why, thank you, Jack," JJ says, surprised but pleased. She unwraps the Hershey's Kiss and pops it into her mouth, making both boys laugh when she shows them her chocolate-covered teeth. She licks her teeth discreetly when she notices Hotch staring at her with a bemused expression on his face. "What?" she asks, feeling self-conscious.

"Nothing. It's just that, well, every time we went trick or treating, Jack always gave the first piece of candy to his mom. Last year, it was just the two of us for Halloween so..." he trails off, watching JJ carefully as realization dawns on her face.

"Oh! Hotch, I'm so sorry. I hope you don't think--"

"No, no, of course not," he assures her quickly. "You didn't know."

JJ bites her lip in consternation. Hotch knows she only does that when she's embarrassed or unsure about something. He doesn't know what it says about him that he knows that about her.

"It's good for him to have more female presence in his life. I know Haley would want that. And, as one of my closest friends, I'm glad that it's you. You and Henry have been a godsend to Jack these past couple of years. To both of us."

"The feeling is mutual," she returns sincerely.

They walk in companionable silence, not noticing they skipped over several houses until Jack points out that they're back at their own house. Both Hotch and JJ look around, feeling sheepish.

"I'm sorry, buddy, I guess Miss Jareau and I were daydreaming." He lowers both boys to their feet, fishing in his pocket for his house keys. "Do you guys want to go back to a couple more houses? We still have a few minutes before it starts getting dark."

"It's okay, Daddy," Jack says, shrugging. "Me and Henry have enough candies. I'll take him upstairs so we can play cars in my bedroom." He grabs Henry's hand and helps the toddler climb up to the second floor, dragging their bag of candy with them. "You and Miss Jareau can play in your bedroom," he tells his father, as only an innocent child can do.

Hotch groans quietly, his face and neck heating up in abject mortification. "Only one piece of chocolate for each of you," he calls out. "Okay Jack?"

"Okay, Daddy!"

Hotch turns to glare at JJ when he hears a suspicious-sounding snort, only to find her covering her mouth with both hands. "Oh, you're a big help," he tells her witheringly.

"Out of the mouths of babes," she murmurs, her own face warm and pink. It's a rare occasion when the normally stalwart BAU Unit Chief Aaron Hotchner is left stammering and at a loss for words by his 6-year-old son. She means to take full advantage of it. She follows him into the family room. "Come on, Daddy, wanna go play in your bedroom?" she leers at him exaggeratedly, waggling her eyebrows in comical fashion.

"Behave," he admonishes, giving her his well-documented Hotchner stare-down. He takes down a box of his meager DVD collection from the top shelf of the closet. "Or we won't watch your favorite horror movie."

"What are you gonna do? Spank me?" She grins at him cheekily.

"JJ!" Hotch laughs, torn between being amused and horrified. His face never felt so hot before in his entire life. "Your puns are terrible."

"You're too easy," she shrugs, plopping down on his couch. She grabs the remote, surfing through the channels until she reaches the auxiliary one attached to the DVD player. "What have you got?"

"Here," he tells her, handing her the box. "You choose."

JJ chooses a classic from 2001. "Ooh! Ripper! I love this one." She eagerly hands him the disc and settles into a more comfortable position. Hotch shakes his head in exasperation. His smile feels like it's been permanently attached to his face tonight.

"JJ, we profile serial killers for a living. Only you would want to watch a movie about serial killers on our day off." But he obediently puts in the disc and takes a seat beside her, carefully keeping a couple of inches of space between them.

"Hey, I'm new at this. I gotta get my learning from wherever I can."

"Well, you're not gonna get it from a slasher movie." They watch as the female lead in the movie becomes the lone survivor of a massive slaughter of all her friends on a dark and stormy night out on a boat. Typical. "Hey, that girl Molly is pretty hot for a grunge chick."

JJ rolls her eyes. "Eh. She's all right."

As the minutes tick by, Hotch has to admit there's a certain train wreck appeal to the movie. He tries not to notice how soft and warm JJ feels pressed up against him. Or how she has a tendency to turn her face into his shoulder and dig her feet beneath his thigh whenever a particularly gruesome scene appears on the screen. Or how she clutches his arm in a death grip, fingernails digging deeply into his bicep, which he knows will surely leave their mark in the morning. Or how both of their breathing became noticeably shallow during the rather enthusiastic sex scene between one of Molly's classmates and a masked stranger at a Halloween party.

He tries not to notice all of these things. And fails miserably.

He feels JJ lay her head on his shoulder, the vanilla scent of her shampoo wafting enticingly up to tease his senses.

"Is this okay?" she asks him quietly, not looking at him.

Hotch smiles but doesn't say anything, just shifts slightly so that she's nestled more comfortably into the crook of his shoulder, his arm settling like a warm blanket around her shoulders. He presses a soft kiss into the crown of her head.

"It's perfect."

The Beginning.

I don't wanna know
Scott ღ Shelby / Jennifer ♥ Aaron / Kris Adam
#RIP Emma ღ Graham / Dan ღ Blair / Dylan ♥ Kelly / Elliot ღ Olivia

Last edited by smoothcriminal; 10-24-2011 at 10:39 PM