View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 07:44 AM
GrhmLz
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know ... like I said in the AC thread, this TV version of AD is starting to become more and more neutral for me. The reason this is so is because I'm getting the sense that AD's relationship is being forced out there to the audience, with the sole purpose of giving the AC relationship what appears to be 'real' and 'legitimate' competition. I don't dislike AD or anything, but I definitely support the AD relationship from the books much more.

The AD relationship isn't even really about AD IMO. Even the 'love scene', during this past episode, was highlighted with Cassie being the one to call and interrupt them, so I think that's meant to carry a hidden message, a reminder, regarding AD v. AC and who it is that Adam is really going to be with.

The promise Adam made to Diana?! Not good. He's setting her up for heartbreak and in the meantime, the show is setting up a foundation where Adam can wind up looking like a jerk when he decides to pursue his feelings for Cassie.

And another thing I've taken notice of that I really don't like? These subtle plot-line inferences that have Diana's 'emotional stability' almost revolving around her relationship with Adam. How many times have they stressed now that Diana just couldn't live with the fact if she ever lost Adam? Twice?! Three times? They're making Diana's central importance revolve around a guy: one guy that she's most likely destined to lose in the near future. That's just pathetic IMO. I want Diana to be stronger than that.

I still like Cassie and I still like AC - I'm just getting more and more disturbed on how the writers are going about this, though.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 10-15-2011 at 07:51 AM