View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 01:53 PM
star77
Loyal Fan

^^ There are soooo many things I cannot stand about this triangle. I mean the fact that Adam/Cassie are supposed to be destined just basically ruins the whole thing and makes everything forced and contrived. So basically if they weren't "written in the stars" would they even notice each other?

This is hardly a rootable triangle. Adam/Cassie are contrived, forced and annoying. And basically Adam/Diana are doomed b/c no matter what you know that chances are they won't end up together. So the question is, do you have will power/choice or do you have to follow your "destiny"? What means more, what's more important, how do you actually know you're with the one you're supposed to be with? If he ends up with Diana then forever it'll be "Oh but he's destined with Cassie therefore he's not with the one he truly loves" and if he ends up with Cassie then it's "Well he's only with her because he feels like he has no choice but to follow the path that was set for him. He didn't have a choice in falling in love with her, he just was because they were destined." I think that's also why I can't stand A/C b/c they just like each other b/c they feel like they have to. There's nothing genuine about it. I love that Adam/Diana choose to love each other. They both fell for each other, and it was real, and there was nothing forcing it. I can't root for Adam/Cassie b/c I just don't think anything is real with them, it's just all based on the fact that they're "written in the stars".

This is not a good triangle at allll. Especially considering the pace of it. Was it necessary to start it so quickly? IMO no. Timing is everything, and aside from the fact that I find AC so contrived and forced, their timing is just ridiculous. He knew her for 2 seconds and he was about to cheat on his girlfriend of 3 years with her, really? No. I know people will argue their "connection" but IDGAF. You make the choices you make. NOTHING can force you. And that was what turned me off to AC from the beginning. It was way too quick and way too rushed. They could've taken their time with all of this. Let us get to know the characters individually. Let us get to know Adam/Diana as a couple and really get to see them together, without Cassie in the way. Just how they were, because obviously they love each other, and I just wish they would've gotten their time as a couple w/o this lame triangle in the way. Not to mention I feel like they will undermine what Adam/Diana had for Adam/Cassie which will be another thing I can't stand.

Then of course Diana will turn out to be the bad guy. I saw a post on tumblr of someone saying that they hated Diana and she should stop getting in the way of Adam/Cassie, um REALLY? NO! WTF. Granted I think people who think like that are in the minority b/c most people seem to understand that he is DIANA'S BOYFRIEND. But still. How does thinking like that make sense? Then of course people are basically implying that it'll be Diana's fault for "pushing them together". UM NO. Idgaf if she locks them naked in a room, they make CHOICES, and they should have enough respect and decency not to do anything they know they shouldn't be doing. I don't understand why people are acting like Diana is doing something wrong. Who gives a crap if she "pushes them together" that's not excuse. Not in the least.

This triangle is lame. I can't root for a couple like Adam/Cassie and their interaction is making me dislike them.