View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 09:24 AM
smoothcriminal
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dice8us (View Post)
OK, the parallel is brilliant!! You definitely made my day with this, Smoothcriminal
I bet if we analyzed each episode one by one, we'll be able to find at least one thing that will tie them together.

Sorry this is a bit OT but I promise I'll get to the Jotch part, lol! I was thinking about the JJ/Will relationship.... if the writers meant for them to be endgame, I think JJ would have married him when he proposed the first time. He already made the ultimate sacrifice by quitting his job and moving to VA to be closer to her and so she wouldn't have to quit her job. Plus, they have a son together!! But for some reason, JJ is holding back on making that ultimate commitment. I wonder why...?

Again, not bashing their relationship, just trying to figure out what the writers' motives were in not getting them together from the start. I almost feel like they've been waiting for the right time to introduce a potential romance between JJ and Hotch. And by keeping JJ ~unmarried, it lessens any complications of that happening. Yeah, she has a son with Will, but Hotch has his own emotional baggage too. And that's another thing they have in common. They're both single parents with a very demanding job and very little time to socialize much less find someone to date. And the person they eventually will date needs to be someone who will understand the pressures of their job. Who better than JJ will understand when Hotch gets called away on a case in the middle of the night? Who better than Hotch could understand when JJ gets affected by a case??

Obviously I am biased, lol, but just look at them! Look at the way they stare at each other. Pfft! Age difference, schmage difference. They make a beautiful couple. I really don't think that there is anyone more perfect for Hotch than JJ or vice versa. They're just so frickin' perfect for each other!

Last edited by smoothcriminal; 09-14-2011 at 09:29 AM