View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 02:01 PM
clarkson_fan
Master Fan

Well, even if Pacey said that in all seriousness, i don't think he liked it. One bit. Even if Pacey thought at the time that Dawson was the center of their little group and that he, Pacey, didn't deserve to be with Joey like Dawson supposedly "derserved" to be with her, it was really hurting Pacey, i think.

But that's just the thing, Dawson, what with getting compliments like that from Pacey, seemed to think he could own whatever or whoever was in his life, and he acted like that with Joey.

That's one of my main problems with Dawson. It's precisely his black and white, rose-colored, and fantasy-like views that made him so self-absorbed, self-righteous, and entitled. Not to mention the fact that he had the perfect life for so long, and every little problem was treated like the end of the world with him, even if it wasn't. He didn't live in reality, and reality is where we live.

I mean, it's okay, in my opinion, to escape into the movies and fantasy (I've been known to do it myself), but it's not okay to bring it into real life, to expect what happens in the movies you see or the fantasies you have to happen to you in your own life, and to react poorly when life doesn't happen like you fantasized it would.
clarkson_fan is offline   Reply With Quote