View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 12:07 AM
Natasha Romanoff
Fan Forum Hero

Twincest {JaimeღCersei} #3: "We shared a womb, came into this world together, we belong together."

Welcome to the 3rd Jaime Cersei appreciation thread

credit
"The things I do for love."

What do you consider to be Jaime’s defining trait, the thing that really makes him tick?
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau: The things he does for love.

Shippers:
1. yuzzz66
2. xKarlaCruz
3. iLoveChair
4. Moonray13
5. J3nn1f3r
6. Chrissalaugha
7. Clockwork Angel
8. ~ayumi~
9. ForeverFaraday
10. Rickylious
11. lisagslack14
12. Kate_1221
13. P&B4ever
14. Andra
15. DGSAFDMD
16. guilty ones
17. teena1013

Honorable Shipper:
1. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau

credit

The way Jaime relates to each of his siblings is pretty different. Cersei and he share a very intimate connection, as twins and also for other reasons. [...] What’s it like for Jaime to be caught up in that sort of dynamic?
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau: It's family. Love comes in many weird shapes and forms and his love for his sister is, to put it mildly, complicated. But when we meet Jaime, there is no other way. He belongs to Cersei and is happy to.

credit

Cersei: Let me go.
Jaime: Never.
Cersei: Let me go.
Jaime: The boy won’t talk. And if he does, I’ll kill him. Him, Ned Stark, the King… the whole bloody lot of them, until you and I are the only people left in this world.

credit
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau: I think usually as an actor you... build on your own experience. This particular aspect of his character was different. Having a relationship, an intimate relationship, with your own sister... it's a mouthful. But what is interesting and I think what you can relate to is that you fall in love with someone you shouldn't fall in love with, or someone it would be really inappropriate but you can't help yourself.

credit
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau then told the crowd how he wishes the show would end: "There’s a big battle. It goes to black. Then it reads '20 Years Later.' Fade in on a small cottage. Jaime and Cersei sitting there. Jaime turns and says, 'Finally, my love…' "

credit
Jaime’s also a knight of the Kingsguard, sworn to guard the king with his life, but one who’s infamous for what he did when he earned the nickname Kingslayer. What motivates him to continue putting on that armor and playing that role, when he seems to not believe in the honor of being a Kingsguard any longer?
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau: It enables him to stay close to Cersei.

credit

Ned: Has he done this before? (points to cheek)
Cersei: Jaime would’ve killed him. My brother’s worth a thousand of your friend.
Ned: Your brother? Or your l o v e r ?
Cersei: Targaryens were brother and sisters for three hundred years to keep bloodlines pure. Jaime and I are more than brother and sister. We shared a womb, came into this world together, we belong together.

credit
Some people have said Game Of Thrones is all about power - how does your character fit in with that?
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau: He's caught up in it. He's a member of the most powerful family in the seven kingdoms. His problem is that he does not want to be part of the political world - it doesn't interest him. But he has this relationship - he says in episode one, 'The things I do for love'. I think that very much is at the core of him to begin with. He has chosen to enter the King's Guard - when you enter that, you can't marry. You say, 'I'm dedicating my life to this'. He does not like the world and the whole political aspect of the court but he has to be there because the woman he wants to be close to is there.

credit

Future titles:
"But when we meet Jaime, there is no other way. He belongs to Cersei and is happy to." - Nikolaj
"...I’ll kill him... the whole bloody lot of them, until you and I are the only people left in this world."
"Your brother? Or your lover?" Ned Stark
"Jaime and I are more than brother and sister."
"He has to be there [King's Guard] because the woman he wants to be close to is there." - Nikolaj
"What motivates him to be a Kingsguard any longer?" "It enables him to stay close to Cersei."
b/c Nikolaj wants a ending with J and C sitting in a cottage. Jaime turns and says, 'Finally, my love…'

credit

AB∞RB: E&K+M&Ms+Evapup + all bunnies ♥ Emma | icon

Last edited by Natasha Romanoff; 09-24-2011 at 04:34 PM