View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 08:11 PM
everwoodfan52
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Well, after hearing some of the storylines that were being outlined for Season 5.. :shudders: I don't think there was any need to prolong the story after it arrived at such a beautiful and satisfying conclusion.
Many people feel this way...as if the show escaped a horrendous storyline because of this season 5 outline. I didn't let this influence my desire for more Everwood. These proposed storylines would not have overtaken the show...and...I have confidence that the show would have worked this out in a positive/satisfactory way.

Quote:
I love that this story was told over a span of four years. It reminds me of the seasonal cycle... at first you have autumn, the beginnings of change and fear of the unknown, told primarily from Ephram and Andy's perspective; then we have winter, where a death has torn the Abbott's apart and they must each heal individually in order to come back as one and rebuild in the spring, where there is a sense of renewal and enlightenment. While each character may not be entirely healed from the scars of their past or current misfortunes, they never lose the will to keep living. I'm not sure how summer fits in, but it's a season of freedom, lightness, and adventure.
This is really very beautifully put. You almost have me convinced!

Quote:
At the end of Season 4, the characters haven't hung their towels up; they are simply about to embark on new adventures : )
That's the thing....I loved these characters so much that I wasn't satisfied to merely think of them embarking on new adventures...I wanted to experience these new adventures with them. I wanted to see what the future held for them. I just didn't have enough of them.

Quote:
That was fun! lol : p what do you all think?
I think you expressed yourself beautifully.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote