View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 11:53 PM
Nekoshoujo
Master Fan

- What are your favorite families and why?
I really love the Bhandaris! They just all seem to really love each other. And the love feels real. I also think that Sav/Alli might be one of the only sibling dynamics that was really used in storylines. I think that's great.

I also love KC/Lisa. They do the best they can and I'm always going to be rooting for them!

And I'm kinda loving this whole Helen/Glen/Jake/Clare thing. I hope Helen and Glen marry and Cake end up being step-siblings. That's a storyline they haven't done yet but it's not that uncommon to hear of.

- What about siblings? Who are your faves? Who do you feel is the most realistic? It looks like we’ve also got a pair of sisters about to be introduced - are you excited?
Yeah it's probably Sav/Alli for the win. I think they're my overall favorites. I'll forever be disappointed we didn't see much Darcy/Clare but I hope the Matlin sisters make up for it. I already love Katie so that's half the battle.

- What families remind you most of your own and why?
Well, the KC/Lisa plot hit pretty close to home last season but KC was able to connect with his mother again and that didn't happen with my father and me. For that reason I have a lot of respect for Lisa. It takes a lot to be as strong as she is. But that's also why I understood why KC didn't want to live with her as well. There was a lot of debate after those episodes aired and I think maybe I took some if it personally because I didn't want to reconnect with my father. There were a few moments between Clare and Helen that reminded me of of my mom and I. My mom hasn't been treated well for most of her life and in the end it was really just the two of us so seeing some of the kind of pain Helen was struggling with reminded me of why I admire my own mother so much. I think it's pretty common for mothers and daughter to become closer when the father isn't in the picture. That's how it was for me and I see the same happening for the Edwards girls. I that's also why I've really been rooting for them as a mother/daughter duo.

- Which characters (from any moment during the series) deserved to have their home life explored more? What would be your ideal storyline/situation for this character?
Bianca for sure. I think she's the character who would benefit the most from having a family-esque plot or at least scenes at home. We don't know much about her and it's easy to make assumptions but getting to know her family would probably explain her attitude towards certain things. I feel like I might say Imogen but I'm betting we get some of her homelife this season. I would also really liked to see Jake's side of the Edwards-Martin's relationship because so far we've only seen it from Clare's POV and I feel like he's having a different reaction to the whole situation.