View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 08:41 AM
camenzuli1104
Dedicated Fan

Actually to me it does feel like Mozzie is kinda forcing this whole thing on Neal. First of all he put all of Neal's artwork instead of the treasure which basically forced Neal to run around all over New York trying to remove the evidence that very clearly pointed to him even though he had done absolutely nothing.
Secondly, I think it had become very clear that Neal was enjoying his new life while Mozzie was just kind of there, so I think it was kind of manipulative to just steal the treasure and dump it all on Neal like he did. He didn't talk to Neal about it first.
In 3x01 during the scene where Mozz tells Neal he stole the treasure, Neal was very visibly hesitant and conflicted and Mozzie just completely ignored that and kept pushing until Neal gave in. At least that's what it felt like to me. Now in this week's episode, Neal finally voices that inner conflict and, I believe Mozzie's exact words were "I don't want to hear this." He's just not considering the position Neal is in. I don't think he's even willing to try to.

I do get the fact that perhaps he feels like he's losing Neal to the other people in his life but as his friend, he still should have considered what Neal has and wants at the moment. I don't get why he should feel betrayed by that.

I do agree that the way they had Sara find the treasure wasn't very clever. Passwords don't show up as letters while you're typing them. But overall I'm really enjoying the storyline so I don't mind.
Also I think Neal being sloppy is not entirely OOC. In seasons 1 and 2 it was established that he gets sloppy when he's going through emotional turmoil.