View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 05:07 AM
mary ksand
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerette89 (View Post)
That just sounds .

From what I heard, the show might be a bit softer on them because apparently the creator of it likes them (or at least that's how I understood it from some show fans), but honestly from what I randomly catch it seems to me the relationship is highly problematic in the show too. He seems way overprotective of her to say the least.
Yes, I also read all those interviews from the show creator and he seems to be a huge Bill/Sookie fan that's why he left off a lot of book bits when Bill's behaviour is completelly unacceptable. This is partly why I don't want to start watching True Blood since I am too addicted to books and if the show isn't doing it right and/or destroyed characters I love (mostly Sookie herself, turning her into a dependent weak female and Eric who is by far my favourite male character on the series) I don't think I'll be able to sit through it.

I think it is quite sad when a writer worships some character so much that is ready to sacrifice a general sense of the story and so obsessed with this character getting a girl that is ready to destroy this girl's awesome personality. Show Bill/Sookie seems to be Jack/Kate 2.0. A writer is so obsessed with his "awesome" controlling and emotionally abusive male character that he needs to destroy a female character and turn her into a needy and weak due to keep the relationship between them going even though failing miserably. Another parellel is the painfull lack of chemistry and it's funny, I think that Stephen and Anna in real life are adorable and have a lot of chemistry, but Bill/Sookie on the show are probably even more chemistryless than Jack/Kate where even though it seems hardly possible But at least we SAW Bill/Sookie sharing love scenes unlike Jate

icon: swanspirate@tumblr