View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 04:13 PM
LuTiMegi
Passionate Fan

Kelly Rutherford/Lily van der Woodsen #6: "Because her daughter is the most adorable girl in the world!"

Welcome to the
6th Kelly Rutherford/Lily van der Woodsen
appreciation thread!

Because her daughter is the most adorable girl in the world!

1. Stacy
2. xxCrashIntoMexx
3. Casey1010
4. McHobbit
5. sasa000
6. lilylovesrufus
7. Within
8. Gossip_Addict
9. mikmil
10. Within
11. Addison.Sanders
12. DUHsoTK
13. ThePrettySophia
14. LoVeRufus|Lily
15. Shopaholic
16. killyourfrriends
17. DanceWithLife
18. *CountessCourts*
19. Lari
20. chazman
21. *ana
22. karate0kat
23. alie08
24. California_ here_ I _come
25. nellydp
26. kikotang
27. Leneoth
28. RuFlyIsLoVe
29. Jinkxy123
30. misskittytalks
31. niniebou
32. SnarkySarcastic
33. babyblue54
34. Blair85
35. ulbesafehere
36.Brilliant Disguise
37. Natasha122
38. gizzie_fan
39. B.Chambers
40. Addison Rose
41. crazyforlilyandrufus
42. mel TR
43. rufly
44. LilyRufus
45. belu_lock
46. Fix_You
47. LuTiMegi

Born in Elizabethtown, KY, in the late '60s (and only two years old at the time of her parents' divorce), Rutherford spent years moving from town to town across the country, under the guardianship of her fashion-model mother, Ann Edwards, until she reached her teenage years. At that point, Rutherford, Edwards, and the family's oldest child, Anthony, settled in Newport Beach, CA. Rutherford made a beeline for New York City after graduating from high school in the late '80s, where she planned to enroll in a formal drama program; instead, she signed to do several commercials and appeared on the daytime soapers Loving and Generations. Returning to the West Coast, Rutherford subsequently trained at the Beverly Hills Playhouse, where a drama coach reportedly advised her to "work on [her] sexuality" -- a suggestion that helped her immensely.

In addition to her work on Generations and Melrose Place, Rutherford also starred in the early 1990s Homefront as Judy Owen, in 1995's The Great Defender as Frankie Collet, in 1996's Kindred: The Embraced as Caitlin Byrne, in 2003's Threat Matrix as Special Agent Frankie Ellroy Kilmer, and had a recurring role in The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. as Dixie Cousins. She also had a small role on Scream 3 in 2000. Most recently, Rutherford starred as Samantha "Sonny" Liston, on the cancelled TV series E-Ring. Rutherford currently stars as Lily van der Woodsen in The CW hit teen drama Gossip Girl.

1. Because she seems to love her family a lot.
2. Considering she is a "celebrity" she seems so down to earth, and we think, that is just really cool.
3. Because she really is a lady.
4. Because she has a cute family.
5. Because she could be perfect the second Grace Kelly.
6. She has a beautiful smile.
7. Because Lily deserves a second chance.
8. Because Lily is not so selfish.
9. Because Kelly is so natural.
10. Because Lily loves Rufus.
11. Because she knows what she wants.
12. Because she and Matt would be the hottest couple.
13. Because Kelly Rutherford has Twitter and that's cool!
14. Because Kelly likes her fans.
15. Because she likes animals.
16. Because her daughter is the most adorable and cutest child in the whole world!
17. Because Hermes, Kelly's son, is getting more handsome with every day!

Gossip Girl 2: Kelly Rutherford - Part 1
Gossip Girl 2: Kelly Rutherford - Part 2
Is Kelly Rutherford About To Give Birth?
Kelly Rutherford
Get To Know Kelly Rutherford
Kelly Rutherford LXNY Garnier Fructis
Kelly Rutherford-MBFW Fall 2011
Kelly Rutherford at The Buzz on the Red Carpet
Exclusive Interview: Kelly Rutherford from 'Gossip Girl'
Gossip Girl's Kelly Rutherford: Upper East side life & more
Kelly Rutherford
Kelly Rutherford on The Bonnie Hunt Show || Jan - 05 - 2010

FANARTS!

A former ballerina and rock groupie, Lily is the mother of Serena. That makes her mom to the most popular girl in Constance Billiard School.

Lily is aware that her daughter deals with sex, drugs and other bad influences at school. But she understands it's just part of being in the spotlight of the elite clique.

She is also drawn to the mystery of Gossip Girl, who seems to know every secret in the complex world of the rich and the glamorous.

QUOTES:

*Dan: I hope you had a pleasant 21 hours since I last saw you.
Lily: Yes, it has been very pleasant. Until now.

*Lily: It makes jokes. Cute.

*Lily: I figured social climbing would be more fulfilling.

*Rufus: Since when were you the patron saint of former rock stars?
Lily: Since when were you a rock star?

*Lily: There's nothing wrong with having Chinese food on Thanksgiving.
Serena: What?!
Lily: Jews have been doing it on Christmas since forever. Look, a pumpkin! It's festive, yes?
Serena: We're gonna eat a pumpkin?

*Alison: I think we're splitting hairs here, Rufus. An emotional affair is just as bad as a physical one.
Lily: Oh, please. Nobody's buying that. Emotional affairs are necessary to keep a marriage alive.
Alison: And how many times have you been divorced?

*Lily: When you two are done hiding up here, I'm taking you both out for dessert.
Serena: Can't, mom. I'm busy.
Lily: But this is important for our family. It would be just the three of us.
Serena: Mom, every time you say, "it would be just the three of us," it means you're dating someone new. Whoever it is, I don't care. I'll just see him at the wedding.
Lily: Fine. Then, I'll just tell you who it is because you're going to be seeing him around from now on. It's Bart Bass.
Eric and Serena: Bart Bass!?
Serena: Mom, you cannot date Bart Bass.
Lily: You just said a moment ago you don't care who it was.
Serena: That was before I knew who it was.

*Lily: Serena, as usual you're being overly dramatic. I'm not marrying Bart. This is very casual. And, regardless, I'm not asking for your permission.

*Rufus: And here we go. Are you sure about this?
Lily: Ask me again and I'll change my mind.
Rufus: I love you, Lily.
Lily: I love you too, Rufus.

->Shortly after her wedding her then 31-year-old husband had an unexpected cardiac arrest - he recovered. [Summer 2001]
->Left her then-husband Carlos a week before the airing of an In Style special on celebrity weddings that included footage of their wedding.
->Practises yoga together with Lisa Rinna and Marcia Cross.
->At age 37, gave birth to her first child. Son, Hermés Gustaf Daniel Giersch was born on 18 October 2006 in Los Angeles. He weighed 8.5 lbs. and was 22 inches long.
->Friends with "The O.C's" (2003) actress Kelly Rowan.
->Filed for divorce from Daniel Giersch. [December 2008]
->Gave birth to her second child, a girl named Helena Grace, in Los Angeles on June 8, 2009 at 10pm.
->Older sister of Anthony, Courtney and Lindsey.
->Daughter of Ann Edwards, a model and writer.

Last edited by LuTiMegi; 06-25-2011 at 05:02 PM