View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 01:05 PM
lpjmg
Extreme Fan

JOHNNY GALECKI APPRECIATION POST

Johnny's got one of the most extensive acting careers of the cast, so there's gonna be a lot coming at you guys! Unfortunately, I can't cover everything that I have, otherwise it'll be a way-too-massive post. But there should be more than enough here to discuss!

Christmas Vacation (1989)
Johnny's first major movie role! I've recorded the DVD commentary audio onto my computer. It obviously won't be as good without the movie itself playing along with it, but it's the best I could do. They make fun of Johnny a few times in the commentary. Here's the audio download if you'd like it. It includes Randy Quaid, Miriam Flynn, Matty Simmons, Johnny Galecki, Jeremiah Chechik, and Beverly D'Angelo.

Christmas Vacation DVD Commentary

And completely random side note, but this commentary was when I first heard Johnny's subtle Chicago accent.

If you don't want to listen to the commentary, here's a classic Clark/Rusty scene from the movie:

Blossom (1991)
I couldn't help including this, especially since they've reunited as Leonard and Amy! It's a young Johnny Galecki/Mayim Bialik making out in an episode of Blossom. Here's the full episode. If you don't want to watch all of it, I would recommend watching part 3.

Part 1 Part 2 Part 3

A Family Torn Apart (1993)
He had a pretty fantastic performance alongside Neil Patrick Harris in this movie. The full movie can be found on Youtube:

Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Part 9 Part 10

Murder at My Door (1996)
Johnny had a much bigger part in this movie, and he played a psycho murderer. Which is always cool to see after watching him as adorable Leonard for four years. Warning, some parts can be frightening/intense.

Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Part 9 Part 10

Roseanne (1992-1997)
Besides being the lovable Leonard Hofstadter, he's obviously most recognizable as the sweet David Healy on Roseanne. He definitely had some Emmy-worthy performances over those six years. These episodes are my favorite with Johnny. If you have time to watch only one episode, watch The Miracle. And if you only have time to watch one part, watch the beginning of part 3. Johnny has a pretty unforgettable scene.

The Miracle
Part 1 Part 2 Part 3

Everyone Comes to Jackie's
Part 1 Part 2 Part 3

It's a Boy
Part 1 Part 2 Part 3

Suicide Kings (1997)
I've uploaded my favorite Johnny scene to my sister's vimeo account for you guys to check out. His character was kinda the guy who panics about everything. He carries a lot of the comic relief in the movie. A small warning - there's a lot of language. And the first scene is pretty intense.
Just to let you guys in on the plot of the movie so you don't get completely confused - Avery's (Henry Thomas, or the guy in the white shirt and black tie) sister was kidnapped for a ransom. The guys, in response, kidnap Christopher Walken's character (the guy taped to the chair) to make him pay up. This part in the movie is basically unraveling the kidnapping.

I would recommend watching it because this scene highlights all the guys' great performances, but I would avoid it if you don't want to spoil the whole movie.

Suicide Kings Clip

I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997)
Not a big part, and [SPOILER ALERT] he was killed forty minutes into the movie. Still, it's always nice to see Johnny in something non-comedic.

Here are all of his scenes in the movie. I should mention that one of the clips is the semi-graphic murder scene, in case you're not a fan of that.

The Opposite of Sex (1998)
He absolutely cracked me up in this movie. He plays a character that is basically trying to find his boyfriend, who's run off somewhere. And he's not afraid to use some blackmail. Not a huge part of the plot, so I've uploaded all his scenes.

Johnny in The Opposite of Sex

Bounce (2000)
He doesn't have a very big part in this movie either, so again, I've compiled all his scenes.

Norm (2000)
I also had to include this because it's Leonard and Mary Cooper! Well, Johnny Galecki and Laurie Metcalf, but same difference. It still blows my mind to see David and Jackie Leonard and Mrs. Cooper kissing.

Norm vs. Youth: Part 1
Part 1 Part 2 Part 3

Norm vs. Youth: Part 2
Part 1 Part 2 Part 3

Bookies (2003)
Not an exceptional movie in my opinion, but Johnny easily stood out with a great performance. I love watching Johnny have a meltdown. Well, not him per se, but his character. It's always fun to see because it's so far from his own personality.

He played Jude, a college student who, along with his two friends, became bookies to make some money. His character constantly gets greedier throughout the movie and not only that, but he's addicted to drugs (which will explain his overreaction in the scene I've provided). This scene is when Rachael Leigh Cook's character sees the inside of their whole operation. But Jude specifically didn't want anyone to find out.

LAX (2004)
One of his many TV guest roles. I decided to include this one because he had a pretty significant part in it. And because I already had it up on YT.

Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5

My Name is Earl (2005)
Hot golf scene. That's all.

My Name is Earl clip

Hope & Faith (2005-2006)
Another one of his TV guest roles, this time for three episodes. He played Hope and Faith's stepbrother. And he's also a chef.

Blood is Thicker Than Daughter
Part 1 Part 2 Part 3

The Restaurant
Part 1 Part 2 Part 3

Jay Date
Part 1 Part 2 Part 3

My Boys (2006-2007)
In my opinion, one of the most memorable Johnny roles to date. Hands down, one of my FAVORITE characters. Shnap. He's got some serious range as an actor. Here are all the Trouty scenes from all three episodes. I'd highly recommend watching at least one of these, because Trouty is just unforgettable. And downright hilarious.

Clubhouse Poison

Take One For The Team

Ethics

The Big Bang Theory (2007-2011)

And of course, I have to include some Leonard love.

Upcoming Projects

Entourage
You can catch Johnny as a recurring guest star in Entourage when the final season premieres on July 24th! He's playing a tougher, badass version of himself. And apparently with a bit of a love thing going on with Emmanuelle Chriqui's character.

In Time (previously titled Now)
In Time (2011) - IMDb
This'll be Johnny's first big movie project in quite a few years. He'll be playing Justin Timberlake's character's alcoholic friend. Catch it when it comes out October 28th this fall!

This is sort of extra, but something I wanted to show you guys in case you haven't seen it. They discuss possible Emmy nominees for the Best Comedy Actor category. It starts at 5:30 in the video, but I've also transcribed the part with Johnny in the quote below if you don't want to open up the vid.

Quote:
Johnny Galecki on Big Bang Theory has the hardest job on the show. Every sitcom ever has somebody that's sort of the straight man, the central character, that all the looniness revolves around that person. And whoever plays that part on any given show often goes under-rewarded because it's such a thankless job. Without him, you don't have the Jim Parsons character that won him an Emmy last year.

By the way, I have the full movies/episodes of Christmas Vacation, Suicide Kings, I Know What You Did Last Summer, The Opposite of Sex, Bounce, Bookies, My Name is Earl, and My Boys. And although I didn't mention them in this post, I also have Table For Three, Hancock, American Dad, Happy Endings, and Vanilla Sky. So if you guys want to see the entirety of any of these, just let me know! PM me or tell me in this thread, and I'll be more than happy to upload it for you.

*whew* I sincerely hope I didn't make any mistakes in this post.
* Leonard|Penny * House|Cuddy * Foreman|Thirteen * Chase|Cameron * Booth|Brennan * Hodgins|Angela * Chuck|Sarah * Castle|Beckett *

Last edited by lpjmg; 06-25-2011 at 07:57 PM