View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 10:05 AM
Sugz
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisBR
Why could Coda be unrealistic? Because they kissed each other? Because they were sad because they were going into separate ways? I don't think that should be called unrealistic,because like it or not, Dawson and Joey meant something to each other, romantically or friendly, and every single time they had to say goodbye to each other it was painful... so I wouldn't call this an unrealistic thing...

Downtown Crossing and Castaways are, in my opinion, unrealistic episodes, I think the plot was weak... the storylines came of nowhere. Being locked on a supermarket or singing to your mugger in his death bed?? But, you know, I understand why PJers didn't complain about Castaways, though... we tend to see with other eyes something we care about...

ETA: Lor, totally agree with your thoughts...

I do consider that first bit asking for my opinion on why Coda was unrealistic. Youa ctually asked "WHy could Coda be unrealistic?". something which Ive been posting about for the past few days. But Ill say it again, maybe more concisely. I dont think that Coda was unrealistic per se regarding the final outcome of Dawson an dJoey in season 4. Dawson an dJoey kissing and reconnecting was probably really realistic. After all, Joey has been known to go somewhere else for comfort when she's feeling abandoned. She did it with pacey in season 6, Dawson in season 4. What I feel was unrealistic was everything surrounding Dawson and Joey in this episode. I feel like their reconnection couldve been brought on far more subtly and naturally instead of having everyone in the episode concerned with Joey and Dawson when Joey and Dawson really hadnt been vintage Joey and Dawson for so long yet everyone from Bessie to Jen was pushing them together while one of the core characters was off inthe Caribbean with a cell phone with whom he called...say it with me now...DAWSON. Hysterical. Personally, I just feel like the conversation was over the top and the entire episode was a piece of DJ fluff that made their reconnection seem really eye roll worthy. It couldve come off a lot sweeter if it were more subtle in my opinion and other people were actually given storylines in the finale besides making Dawson and Joey feel like theyr'e the only people who existed. SImply my opinion (and a lot of others). Bottom line, I think Coda was hideously arced out in connection with the season it followed.

And like I said in my last post. Castways was contrived. I dont know how many times I, as a Pacey and Joey fan have to admit that before people stop telling me I see it the way I want to. YESSSS, it was contrived that Joey and PAcey got locked in a KMart over night. But like I said...teen soap opera! If Dawson can legitimately drop out of film school to be with Joey and then 5 years later have his own production company and tv show then hell yea Pacey and Joey can get themselves locked in a KMart.
Sugz is offline   Reply With Quote