View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 11:11 AM
Sugz
Master Fan

Well thats really my point COOLCAT, Dawson and Joeys goodbye couldve been dramatic and epic without shipping Pacey away but it became forced because they had to do that.

In the context of season 4 it seemed like they just shoved Dawson and Joey together as if they'd been friends all along. I do agree that it was going to be an important moment since they were leaving for separate coasts but I do think they could've made it less like a separate episode from the rest of the season. I mean really, the entire episode all anyone ever did was talk about Dawson and Joey saying goodbye, not only was it the biggest snoozefest ever if you werent and avid DJ fan but it was just kind of ridiculous. It didnt jive with the season and perhaps that's why they named it "Coda" which in itself signifies a separation or an afterthought. I also thought some of their conversation was just silly like the answers to the questions they were asking one another it was just all fluff. Keep in mind this was a finale, it wasnt just another episode, I think it shouldve incorporated more of the other characters instead of making it an homage to Dawson and Joey when Dawson and Joey had barely been friends all seasons. I think it came off as forced and fake when they had to send one of the core characters to the Caribbean to even make it plausible. Like Ive said a few times on this thread already, that in itself screams that something is wrong with this story.

Anyway, that's just my viewpoint of it. Im sure most DJ fans look at it and see everthing that a finale should be because the show really did revolve around Dawson and Joey to them but to me it was really out of place.
Sugz is offline   Reply With Quote