View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Dana Doggett
New Fan

FRR & DSR Awareness Month 2011

Official Website: SERENITY OF X || THE X-FILES || SoX

Hey all DSR fans at Fan Forum! I just want to invite you all to hop on over to the SoX Forum and register with us to participate in this year's Awareness Month!

The purpose of Awareness Month is to help fans, who may not like the two relationships, understand why there are fans of “The X-Files” who prefer these two pairings above any other, to bring appreciation to the potential relationship that could have happened between Follmer/Reyes and Doggett/Scully, and to let fans know that even if FRR or DSR is not your preference because either relationship interferes with your current OTP (one true pairing), that it’s all right to ‘ship more than just one relationship on The X-Files. Through Awareness Month discussions we at SoX hope to open up the strict boundaries that exist in the online fandom that people use to divide ourselves into “us” and “them” which cause tension and sometimes hurt feelings. We feel if there is a better understanding among fans that these boundaries can be lifted to create a more pleasant online experience for fans of The X-Files who may prefer Follmer/Reyes and Doggett/Scully over that more popular relationship pairing.

If anyone reading this is interested in taking part in 2011 Awareness Month, all you have to do is register at the SoX Forum ( Serenity of X Forum ) since that is where all discussions, analysis, challenges, etc. will be taking place. Once you register please email the forum administrator the username you chose and that you are joining to take part in Awareness Month ( serenityofx@gmail.com ). A forum admin will approve your registration ASAP.

We at SoX look forward to Awareness Month, this is the first one back since 2005. We hope to see you there! A general schedule of discussion topics is available here: Awareness Month Schedule 2011

Here's the official Welcome to Awareness Month 2011 thread:
Welcome to Awareness Month 2011

I hope to see some of you there! I know a handful of you that post here are supporters of the DSR and I would love to see you guys participate in Awareness Month

Dana Doggett

http://www.doggettscully.com/DoggettXF11/i/400x60.jpg
www.doggettscully.com