View Single Post
Old 07-25-2005, 12:26 PM
Sugz
Master Fan

I definitely agree as to the reason why Pacey and Joey ended up together and Dawson and Joey didnt, it really was the only plausible way. It wouldve been pretty funny if Joey and Pacey wouldve tried to pull off a "We'll always have each other and be best friends and soulmates" schpiel and it wouldve been equally as funny had Dawson and Joey said "We're gonna get together now and make this work" since neither even had either. So yes, I definitely agree that Joey and Pacey got together in the end because thats what the majority wanted and both fanbases got something but isnt that how it should be? It's what the viewers want? Not so much what the writers want is it?

I do not agree though that they intentionally kept Joey and Dawson apart to make it suspenseful or so as to not ruin the dynamic because for one what a waste, they didnt even put them together in the end! And for two, they went about it the WROOOONG way if they intended on keeping Dawson and Joey apart and then going for the satisfying ending. Its SO different from Ross and Rachel, Ross and Rachel dated andthen broke up and had other relationships, satisfying ones, they had other loves and other storylines and they didnt constantly bash the viewers over the head with "ROss and Rachel" all the time. With Dawson and Joey, they kept picking them up again and slamming them back down to the ground, breaking them a little bit more each time and I think a lot of the audience simply got bored and tired of them. I dont think the way to go about getting fans to root for a couple is to keep putting these horrible road blocks in their way and having the fail miserably with each other. I think they needed to really step away from Dawson and Joey in those middle seasons instead of constantly dropping anvils and having them go back to each other just to screw each other over again maybe thats why in the end the majority wanted Pacey and Joey, because they made such a messof DJ in the meantime.
Sugz is offline   Reply With Quote