View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 09:05 PM
'Tos
Master Fan

Double posting lest it stay on the graveyard page.

Personally, I would have written off Jake at the end of S3, seeing the Nina/Andy kiss and confronting Nina and Nina apologizing, but saying she can't hide her feelings anymore. I think he'd stick around a few episodes into S4 to maybe confront Andy, finish off his story as a doctor and with Edna and have a scene with Nina, and then he heads back to California. You get Strong Nina, which is something that was missing from the Jake storyline that we did get and you get Andy and Nina together sooner, which I think is something we all wanted to see. Plus, it means that kiss actually means something in terms of the story, instead of it meaning very little. It was a big moment in the S3 finale, one of my favourites, and it ended up not really mattering even though it was a major decision by Andy to go over and kiss Nina.

I mean, this is all in a perfect world where you don't have to worry about actor contracts. Which, if that was the case, could we also rewrite Amanda?
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote