View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 12:05 AM
jaycee19
Loyal Fan

I'll be the first to admit that Damon's actions were pretty immature in this episode and he really needs to get over throwing the temper tantrums but I also have to say that Stefan really pissed me off with that respect line and here's why. Damon is trying his absolute hardest to keep Elena alive. He will do anything, say anything, sacrifice anything so that Elena can go on and live a happy life, with Stefan. In the scene where Damon tells Elena he loves her then compels her to forget he tells her that he knows that he doesn't deserve her and that Stefan does. He's not trying to steal Stefan's girl or sabotage SE, all he wants is for Elena to keep breathing. Yeah he might make some flirtatious comments to Elena but he has the full knowledge he's not going to end up with the girl he loves. What pisses me off is that Stefan knows this and uses it to his advantage. He knows that Damon loves Elena and will do anything and everything to keep her alive even if it means making decisions that could ultimately lead to Elena hating him, so Stefan is just free to sit back and keep his hands clean while Damon is doing all the heavy lifting. It's easy to agree with all of Elena's plans and decisions and be the nice supportive boyfriend and have Elena smile at you when you know the other guy who loves her is willing to take all the hits from her. Stefan knows all of this and instead of being grateful that's Damon's willing to do anything to save Elena, thus allowing Stefan to have a happy life with her, he continuously rubs Damon's face in the fact that Elena doesn't love him back. Now he has to stoop even further and say that she doesn't even respect him either. It was uncalled for and with everything Damon is doing to make sure Stefan gets his happy ending with Elena, it's Stefan who needs to have some respect.

/End rant.
icon: skje