View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 09:22 PM
You can't kill me!
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunchick116 (View Post)
I think he said her respect because right now they're fighting over ways to save Elena. Stefan is allowing her to have a voice and make her own decisions, and basically agreeing to disagree with her, because he respects her enough to do so, while Damon does not. he literally tried to force her to do things she didn't want to do. You don't have to love someone to respect them. if Elena doesn't care what Damon has to say because she doesn't respect him, his efforts are invalid.
I completely agree

Stefan wasn't trying to be romantic then because the scene wasn't about that! It was about Stefan simply saying that he has Elena's respect, nothing more, nothing less.. and it's true. There is no point in saying Elena loves Stefan because everyone knows that she does... everyone can SEE Elena's love for Stefan and if you can't, then you can definitely hear Elena's passionate words when she tells him she loves him.