View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 08:58 PM
LiaRaye
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumiac (View Post)
Guess Stefan made Damon payback for the burn last episode this episode. He sure knows where to hit him and the previous conversation where Elena told him to not let Damon make anything stupid (which was really her telling him to make sure Damon didn't do anything to rescue her from Elijah) probably led to his "I have her respect" remark. The funny thing is, I seriously expected him to say "I have her love" or simply "I have her". But when he says "I have her respect" it really sounds more like a contest he is in with his brother than being about a fight for Elena. I think it was a remark about suggesting he is "superior" as opposed to really being about Elena, you know, which was interesting...
I was expecting him to say one of those things too. It would have been more romantic in that case. Maybe I have been watching too much Mad Men lately, but it reminded me of the 50's- 60's era when respect was priority #1 for a man. How the wife has to respect the husband's wishes, or the children have to respect their father, etc. "Her respect" was an odd choice to retort with IMO.