View Single Post
Old 07-21-2005, 08:27 AM
Sugz
Master Fan

No, I definitely agree that Joey was never 100% comfortable with Dawson and Gretchen, she was very much a "have your cake and eat it too" person in season 4 and she didnt like the idea that someone may have been taking her place in Dawsons life but I never agreed that it meant that Joey wanted Dawson and I never agreed that it was as big of a deal as some people made it because nothing ever came of it. There was an uncomfortable smile here, and awkward conversation there but it was never enough for Joey to do anything about it and that's why I feel like it was just a bit of selfishness onf Joeys part. She wasnt comfortable with GRetchen taking her place in Dawsons life but that didnt mean she wanted Dawson. I think it was obvious that she really was with whom she wanted to be with in season 4 and that was Pacey. In the end her underlying selfishness really did end up driving Pacey off of the deep end though.

That said, I have to disagree that the PJ scene in Mind Games was anything like the Great Xpectations scene. In Great X Joey had just found out about Dawson and Gretchen and was curious and did show some insecurity, in the pizza scene Joey was not wishy washy at all when she told Pacey she wasnt concerned with Dawson and Gretchen, it was actually probably the one scene where she was seemed sincere and her words had conviction behind them. Hallelujah.
Sugz is offline   Reply With Quote