View Single Post
Old 07-21-2005, 08:09 AM
Sugz
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lor-baby
I 'm not so sure about Joey being worried about Gretchen because she feared that she would've told him the truth.
In fact, if you remember Joey asked her to keep her mouth shut as soon as she arrived at Pacey's. Joey didn't even known that Gretchen would've spent the night at Dawsons.
As soon as Gretchen says to Pacey that she was going to Dawson and probably sleeping there Joey's face changes.

Im not so sure about that. Joey found out that Gretchen knew from Pacey while they were on the couch and then directly after Pacey tells her that Gretchen's most likely going to crash elsewhere that night, then Joey finds out it's going to be at Dawsons and thats when she gets worried. Gretchen would be spending the night with Dawson, an ample opportunity for sex to come up. If you remember, Joey told Gretchen to keep it quiet because she hadnt told Dawson yet Dawson then Gretchen finds out that thats not the case, Joey didnt just not mention it to Dawson she actually lied about it. So I think Joey had a LOT to be worried about on that front and with good cause because the truth did come out to Gretchen.
But to each his own, I know people like to read into facial expressions a lot. But I think the lie was the main issue there.

Quote:
And about the Pacey and Joey pizza night I don't see it like that at all. It seemed pretty uncomfortable to me as the most of the PJ scenes after Winter's Tale.
You can just see that Joey is confused,Pacey ensecure and they can't really talk to each other or solve their issues.

I just dont see it that way. Yea, pacey was insecure, as usual. But it was Joey who said that Gretchen and Dawson DIDNT bother her and when Pacey asked her if she was sure she said:

"Of course Im sure. It's entirely none of our business Pace. And besides, it ruins the mood. And I, for one, am not going to let that happen after we've waited so long for this night."

And then she proceeds to smooch him. That's a LOOONG way from A Winters Tale to me. So no, really saw no awkwardness there, just insecurity on the part of Pacey. But like I said before, I know people like to read into things and take that as more factual that whats actually said.
Sugz is offline   Reply With Quote