View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 02:37 PM
kindle
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by necklace (View Post)
You started it, you know...

My point is that obviously he must have been still hung up on Anya in that episode so him and Holly J truly did come out of nowhere...
You're right I did start this mess. I guess I can't help but procrastinate.

TBH, I think Sav just brought up Anya to prove a point to his parents so as to show them the sacrifices he had (past-tense) to make in order to appease them. I know this talk and I know this speech very well since I've used it before growing up in a strict, asian family.

I think he's over it. I think on and off again relationships have a knack for lingering, even when feelings are so muddled and construed that you can't tell if you are truly still in love with someone, and especially because they're issues just went in circles and circles.

Secondly, I'm not surprised with the 'out of nowhere' attraction. Teen soaps do this all the time. Not ideal, but not a surprise.

Quote:
Yes, love and love talks are definitely a buzzkill but there's no way to avoid this talk when you're in a casual relationship and you start to want more. Things would change either way, it doesn't matter if you talk about it or not. But talking it through might actually save people future bitterness. I've learned that the hard way.
Aw. You made me actually saw 'aw' out loud, aha. I know what you mean, and I've always felt communication is key in a successful relationship. But, no one is truly perfect or truly mature enough to initiate this right away all the time. Here's why...

I said they were mature in handling their unique relationship and the cheating incident for high schoolers, but I never said that they were pros at navigating their feelings, and I don't think too many can say that they are at that age (and in some older people I know too).

I really think that they're both certain about their future together (or lack thereof), and want to do good by their arrangement, because a) I think they really enjoy each other, b) Sav's insecure about ruining a good thing by scaring her away since he's the one who convinced her that it'd be 'no strings attached' sort of deal, and c) Holly J is also insecure about bringing up the love subject since it'd be a discussion about Declan. Yeah...awkward. I think she's smart enough to not make him feel worse about coming in second. If anything, the whole 'right now' speech she told him was to say, 'Hey, we still have this casual thing going on, and the other factors--be it my confused feelings about Declan or my commitment issues--will have to wait, because I still want to be with you, because I'm happy with you and how things are.'

Whether or not Sav is satisfied with this doesn't matter, the casual label they keep reiterating is stopping him from speaking his mind.

I think neither of them know what to really say or know how to deal with the love topic since their mindsets are already conditioned to fall back on their unspoken rules on a no-pressure relationship. It's not perfect, but it's how people react sometimes. People are innately insecure and stubborn since love and belonging is such huge thing for people to strive for and maintain in life, even in the form of a casual relationship.

P.S. Surprisingly, I went to a catholic school where they try to teach you about the sanctity of marriage and relationships leading to marriage, and I only know a handful out of a class of 300ish students that married their high school sweetheart. Hm.

Last edited by kindle; 04-07-2011 at 02:57 PM