View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 07:43 PM
CookieMonster
Fan Forum Hero

Lee DeWyze Appreciation Thread #3: He's got a brand new single that's as beautiful as he is!

Welcome to the 3rd Lee DeWyze Appreciation Thread

Biography
Leon James "Lee" DeWyze, Jr. (born April 2, 1986) is an American singer-songwriter from Mount Prospect, Illinois, and the winner of the ninth season of American Idol. Prior to Idol, DeWyze had a solo career and formed the Lee DeWyze Band. He had also released two independent albums called So I'm Told in 2007 and Slumberland in 2010, both on WuLi Records. His post-Idol album will be released on October 26, 2010 through 19 Entertainment and RCA Records.

DeWyze was born in Mount Prospect, Illinois. His was raised by his father, Lee DeWyze, Sr., who worked as a postal carrier in Elk Grove Village, Illinois, and his mother, Kathleen DeWyze (née Donahue). He has two older sisters, Sarah and Shannon, and a younger brother, Mike. His musical influences include, Cat Stevens, Eric Clapton, Ben Harper, and Simon & Garfunkel.

DeWyze attended Saint James Catholic Elementary School in Arlington Heights, Illinois and Prospect High School up until his senior year. After leaving Prospect High, he attended Forest View Alternative School in Arlington Heights, having been inspired both by his teachers and his interest in music to return to his studies. While he never graduated from either high school, he eventually got his GED.

After leaving school, DeWyze worked as a paint salesman. At the time of applying to American Idol and until the Hollywood rounds of the show, he had been selling paint for six years at the "Mount Prospect Paint" store.

DeWyze stated on his blog that he owns a bulldog named Capone, is afraid of heights, and loves playing Scrabble.

Tattoos
DeWyze has some of the lyrics to "Father and Son", a classic Cat Stevens song, tattooed on his arm. He has three other tattoos, including a silhouette of the Chicago flag and tree of life on his right arm and a Shel Silverstein on his left arm.
Source: Wikipedia

WYZE Fans
01. infallible love
02. coutureadore
03. AshlynDenae
04. CookieMonster
05. BlairBass23
06. crazyshipper83
07. RickyandChucklover1
08. - Nina -
09. LoreDoherty
10. Talkative One
11. jules!
12. AmericanDirrty
13. KRL2008
14. hld12271982
15. ♥Demily
16. *MaryMgo*
17. ღmaybe this time
18. ~♥~CrazyInLove~♥~
19. chairFTW
20. dancing in the rain
21. colourtunes
22. aabf

"This whole thing has been amazing, from the very beginning to right now ...
I want to be doing this for a long time ...
I will be doing this for the rest of my life, one way or another."

"When I'm up there playing, I don't care about anything. I'm there and it's me and it's them and my music, and it's just perfect."
"It felt amazing man, seeing the crowd, the fans cheering us on, just being up there on stage ... It's what I love to do."
"I just get up there and let my emotions flow and I just start singing my ass off."
"To perform in front of crowds of people, ya know, that's what I wanna do, that's what I've always wanted to do."
"A lot of what I do is just emotion, getting into the music with the band, feeding off the audience."
"I'll do this for the rest of my life -- this is what it's about for me."

American Idol Performances

Ain't No Sunshine - Bill Withers

Get Ready - The Temptations

You Found Me - The Fray

Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol

Lips of an Angel - Hinder

Fireflies - Owl City

Beast of Burden - Rolling Stones
Studio Version

The Letter - Box Tops
Studio Version

Treat Her Like A Lady - Cornelius Brothers
Studio Version

Hey Jude - Lennon/McCartney Song Book
Studio Version

A Little Less Conversation - Elvis
Studio Version

The Boxer - Simon And Garfunkel
Studio Version

You're Still The One - Shania Twain
Studio Version

That's Life - Frank Sinatra
Studio Version

Kiss From a Rose - Seal
Studio Version

Falling Slowly - Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova
{Duet with Crystal}
Studio Version

Simple Man - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Studio Version

Hallelujah - Leonard Cohen
Studio Version

The Boxer - Simon And Garfunkel
{Contestant's Favourite}

Everybody Hurts
{Creator's Choice}
Studio Version

Beautiful Day - U2
{Winner's Single}
Studio Version

Lee's Winning moment

"I'm not trying to make the next big hit. Essentially I just want to make music that I love and that people will love."
"My goal isn't to throw a bunch of things against the wall and hope something sticks ... It's about, I know what I like, I know what kind of music I wanna do ... So I'm happy with it."
"We're all in this together and I couldn't be more ready to put in everything I got."
"Winning ‘Idol’ is great, but at the same time people think, ‘Now you’ve made it,’ ... I think, ‘No, now it’s time for me to make it.’ There’s always something better to strive for."

Picture of the Moment

Animation of the Moment

American Idol 2010 Tour

American Idol Lee DeWyze has been touring the country with his fellow Top 10 Season 9 finalists.
"The best part of being on tour is getting to play live; really live! There are no judges and no cameras. It’s just me doing my thing and getting to play for the fans." ~Lee
"I get to open up and be myself. Not that I wasn't on the show. I am a quieter guy sometimes. When it comes to my music, I'm like that. At the same time, now we're performing. Now we're playing a concert. We're in an arena, playing for thousands of people. If anything, you'll see a little more energy, and a little more of me." ~Lee

AI Tour Stops and Dates

Latest Interviews

Icons

Visit DCook & AI