View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 11:00 PM
Hannah2010
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I have to say though - when we start speculating about dental work and such, I'm not sure that is necessarily "truth".
Sorry if I'm being a little defensive here, and maybe you weren't objecting to what I said, but based on your comment, I feel like I should clarify that I wasn't speculating about "dental work" based on what I read in any article.

It was just my own observation: seeing pictures of Lauren in 199x and pictures of her in 201x, I noticed a difference in her smile. So my impression that there had been a change was based on what was shown in publicity pictures released of her or video from shows she has done (so it wasn't doctored as far as I could tell.) (And I wouldn't necessarily had mentioend it if there hadn't already been a discussion going about the possibility that she had changed her looks through plastic surgery.) To me, ignoring that difference wouldn't be any more "truth" than making up stories about someone changing their nose.

It would be like seeing Mae Whitman in Arrested Development, and then in stills from the original Parenthood pilot and then in the aired Parenthood pilot, and denying that at some point her hair was brown, and then at a different point it was blonde, and then it was brown again. Just because Mae hasn't mentioned dying her hair, and it was a superficial change, doesn't make it wrong to notice that something was different. There's no judgement in that; it's just commenting on what was observed in publically released photos/episodes.

And as I mentioned, I might have been imagining the change in her smile (as explanation - it may have just been the angle in one picture vs another) and I'm happy to debate that, or drop it all together, since it doesn't affect my appreciation of Lauren one way or another, and it isn't really the point of this thread, I don't think. But if something like that comes up, I don't think people should feel bad about mentioning what they've observed one way or another.